SAN FRANCISCO, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AWS Summit 2013, Booth #101 --Trend Micro Inc. (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global leader in cloud security, today announced new advancements in its Cloud and Data Center Security solution that simplify, automate, and extend security for organizations running their enterprise applications and storing sensitive data in the cloud, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments.
Automatic, Cloud-based Security for AWS
Trend Micro™ Deep Security as a Service provides a comprehensive suite of security capabilities delivered from the cloud that are specifically designed to augment AWS' existing security capabilities. Deep Security as a Service takes advantage of AWS APIs to automate and simplify the deployment process while not impeding the flexibility and scalability of AWS. The service offers:
- Proven Security for servers deployed in the AWS environment. Trend Micro Deep Security, already selected by thousands of customers to protect millions of server instances, delivers enhanced security to AWS's core offerings including host-based intrusion detection/prevention and firewall, hosted on AWS. These complement additional key capabilities for securing servers, including anti-malware, web reputation, and file integrity monitoring, as a part of a single, integrated suite. Deep Security as a Service offers customizable policy templates and automated rules managed from a single administrative console, dramatically reducing administration time.
- Security capabilities built on the cloud, for the cloud. To support the way businesses use the cloud, Trend Micro Deep Security as a service is built on AWS, leveraging the power and agility of the cloud to deliver a scalable, highly available service. Deep Security as a Service can be set up and deployed in minutes, supporting the elastic way that organizations use the cloud. Through this innovative service, organizations can easily add additional enterprise security capabilities to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) deployments. These capabilities can be immediately and automatically turned on when a new Amazon EC2 instance is created, removing the risk of time lag between creation and additional security tuning. The service also comes with an investment model that reflects this on-demand environment--a simple flat rate per server hour.
- Optimized for organizations using AWS. Deep Security is optimized for AWS deployments to dramatically reduce the time and cost of setting up and maintaining additional security best practices. It provides instant-on active deployment of host-based intrusion detection/prevention and firewall, as well as anti-malware, web reputation, and file integrity monitoring. The included autosync capability dynamically detects new Amazon EC2 instances allowing customers to maintain security policies as their environment scales. It also provides detailed Amazon EC2 specific instance information that can be used to automatically extend security policies without administrator intervention.
"Ensuring the security of our customers' data is our top priority. We work closely with our partners like Trend Micro to help them provide security solutions that complement the existing Amazon Web Services security features," said Terry Wise, head of worldwide partner ecosystem, Amazon Web Services. "We see Trend Micro's latest innovations and offerings as valuable capabilities for organizations to easily and effectively extend proven security practices to their cloud deployments."
Extending data protection to the cloud
Customers of all sizes have identified encryption of sensitive data as one of the key security capabilities that organizations should leverage for certain workloads. As part of this announcement, Trend Micro is also introducing the latest version of its breakthrough cloud encryption and key management product, designed to extend additional data protection to cloud environments. With Trend Micro SecureCloud 3.5, organizations can take advantage of several new enhancements focused on supporting the benefits of the elastic cloud:
- Automatic Encryption that can be deployed and activated dynamically with instance launch, removing the need for any additional administrative actions. SecureCloud 3.5 works with major cloud deployment tools, including RightScale, AWS CloudFormation, Chef, and Puppet, so that no change to current processes is required.
- Automatic Security Policy implementation based on dynamic detection of "instance type" (e.g. OS, file system). This eliminates the need to separately manage different instance configurations and reduces administrative burden.
- Enhanced Boot & Volume Protection based on policy for complete boot and data volume protection, helping to eliminate security and compliance risks, especially for legacy applications being deployed to the cloud.
"As more of our clients are taking advantage of the cloud benefits by moving to AWS, they are coming to Accuvant seeking solutions that include added protection," said Jason Prost, Accuvant solutions director. "Trend Micro cloud security offerings help organizations that are deploying on AWS by extending the capabilities available to protect critical servers, applications, and sensitive data. As such, they are frequently included in our client discussions as an important component of a holistic cloud security solution."
"In the cloud world, proliferation is the enemy of protection," said Wendy Nather, research director of the Enterprise Security Practice at 451 Research. "Enterprises need to be able to add essential security controls in an agile manner; they have to support cloud operations, not slow them down. Trend Micro's Deep Security as a Service offering has been designed with these needs in mind."
"As organizations move to the cloud, they take on shared responsibility for their security with their cloud or Infrastructure as a Service partner," says Kevin Simzer, senior vice president, marketing and business development, Trend Micro "While cloud providers take on responsibility for things like physical access control and hypervisor security, responsibility to protect the environment from the guest operating system and above remains a customer driven activity. At Trend Micro, we want to make it easy to add the required security that fits into the agile nature of how organizations are using the cloud."
Trend Micro Deep Security as a Service is available today and delivers its suite of security capabilities for Windows and Linux instances deployed in Amazon EC2 and VPC environments. More information can be found at http://deepsecurity.trendmicro.com.
Trend Micro™ SecureCloud™ 3.5 will be available globally in May, 2013. SecureCloud represents a robust offering for safeguarding information in private clouds and public Infrastructure-as-a-Service environments. SecureCloud supports Amazon EC2, Eucalyptus, and the VMware platform. More information can be found at www.trendmicro.com/securecloud.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), the global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with 25 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the industry-leading Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ global threat intelligence data mining framework, our products and services stop threats where they emerge – from the Internet. They are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com. This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://newsroom.trendmicro.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.
SOURCE Trend Micro Incorporated