PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As more shoppers hit the stores and the web for the holiday season, the risk for identity theft sky-rockets; and TrustedID, a leading provider of privacy, credit and identity protection services wants to help you stay safe.
Identity theft protection is important to have in place all year, and protection for personal and financial information is especially valuable during Black Friday and Cyber Monday when extreme holiday shopping creates a feeding frenzy for identity thieves.
TrustedID offers consumers the following tips for holiday shopping:
- Check your bills for unfamiliar purchases. Keep your receipts so you can easily validate your billing statement.
- Use only credit cards for online shopping. Credit cards give you the most legal protection in case of misrepresentation or failed delivery.
- Use only authenticated sites for shopping online. Check for the locked padlock image on your browser's status bar or for "https://" (rather than http://) in your browser window.
- Beware of "too good to be true" online deals. Abnormally low prices can be red flags. Look into them. Some transactions should be made in person rather than on Craigslist or eBay.
- Double check any deals you receive via email. Go to the website or call to confirm special offers.
TrustedID delivers privacy, credit and identity protection services to give you peace of mind. These services can help you:
- Get Credit protection. IDEssentials offers credit monitoring, reports and scores from all 3-bureaus.
- Place a credit freeze. Use TrustedID's CreditLock to set a credit freeze, so your credit report can't be seen by third parties without your permission.
- Protect your identity. IDEssentials has over a dozen safeguards to help consumers prevent identity theft and the damage that happens if you become a victim.
- Protect your privacy. Take control over how you engage with companies by removing your name from data broker lists, preventing unwanted mailings.
Stay safe at stores and online this holiday season. To learn more about how TrustedID can help protect your personal and financial information, please visit https://www.trustedid.com/.
About Us: Founded by a team of professionals who started out in the credit world, TrustedID is a privately held business located in Palo Alto, California and delivers privacy, security, and reputation management services.