LISLE, Ill., July 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AAIS, the nation's only nonprofit, member-owned insurance advisory organization, congratulates its member companies who have won the 2016 distinction as a Ward's 50 Property & Casualty Top Performer.
The annual award by Ward Group is bestowed upon the top 50 of 3,000 property-casualty insurance companies domiciled in the United States who outperform the industry. Each company listed passed all safety and consistency screens and achieved superior performance from 2011-2015. This is the 26th year Ward Group has conducted the analysis.
The following AAIS members are 2016 honorees:
- Alaska National Insurance Company
- American Financial Group
- Auto-Owners Insurance Group
- Chubb Group
- Church Mutual Insurance Company
- Cincinnati Insurance Group
- First Insurance Company of Hawaii, LTD
- FM Global
- Goodville Mutual Casualty Company
- Grinnell Mutual Group
- HCC Insurance Holdings Group
- Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group
- Markel Corporation Group
- Missouri Farm Bureau Insurance
- Munich Reinsurance America, Inc.
- North Star Mutual Insurance Company
- Old Republic Insurance Group
- Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Pioneer State Mutual Insurance Company
- RLI Insurance Company
- SECURA Insurance Companies
- W.R. Berkley Corporation
- West Bend Mutual Insurance Company
- Western National Insurance Group
"We are honored to serve the majority of Ward's Top 50 Performers," said Ed Kelly, President and Chief Executive Officer of AAIS. "We share with them a commitment to integrity, value, efficiency and service. Partnerships like this define high standards and innovation for our industry."
These companies utilize a variety of AAIS' standard policies and products, including the flagship non-filed Inland Marine program, personal inland marine and personal umbrella, homeowners, commercial, business owners, farm and agriculture, and personal lines.
Each recipient of Ward's Top 50 passed safety and consistency tests, and performance measurements, including:
- Surplus and premiums of $50 million+ for each of the five years analyzed
- Net income in a least four of the last five years
- Compound annual growth in premiums (between 10 and 40+%)
- Five-year average return on average equity and assets
Stuart Henderson, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Western National Insurance Group, an honoree for the 11th year and an AAIS member since 1972, said, "Our strong partnership with AAIS, and their exceptional offerings at reasonable prices, has helped us maintain our status as an industry leader while affirming our strong commitment to policyholder protection. We look forward to continuing that relationship in the future."
Since 1931, AAIS has served the Property & Casualty insurance industry as the only national nonprofit advisory organization wholly owned and operated by its member companies. AAIS offers innovative products including standardized policies, forms, and rating information for 34 lines, industry leadership in research and data development, and unrivaled customer service, value, and efficiency.
For more information about AAIS membership, services or product offerings, contact: Rick Maka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media queries: please contact Melanie Howard at Email, (630) 457-3217
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/twenty-six-aais-member-companies-named-to-2016-wards-top-50-pc-insurance-performers-300305503.html