AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today released the 8-slot NI 9154 MXI-Express RIO expansion chassis and the 4-slot NI 9146 Ethernet RIO expansion chassis. CompactRIO expansion chassis scale the breadth of the C Series platform to applications requiring hundreds or even thousands of I/O channels. Engineers can gain full control of the field-programmable gate array (FPGA) capabilities inside both chassis using the NI LabVIEW FPGA Module, which enables custom inline processing, closed-loop control, synchronization, and custom timing and triggering.
"The performance, customization, and expansion potential of the CompactRIO platform makes it an excellent long-term, scalable investment," said Albion W. Knight IV, president of Green Mountain Research, who is using CompactRIO and the MXI-Express RIO expansion system to create a next-generation missile test platform.
NI 9154 Features
- High-throughput MXI-Express x1 interface for 200 MB/s multichassis streaming bandwidth
- Access to thousands of I/O channels from a single controller by daisy chaining multiple CompactRIO devices, NI PXI chassis, NI industrial controllers or PCs
- Support for up to eight C Series mixed-signal-conditioned I/O modules, enabling direct connectivity to any sensor on any bus
NI 9146 Features
- Simplified software experience, which helps engineers seamlessly add distributed monitoring and control to any Ethernet network
- Instant access to FPGA-enabled I/O using LabVIEW from any Windows PC or LabVIEW Real-Time controller
- Diagnostic and auto-configuration features that simplify installation, operation and maintenance
- Low power consumption, quick startup times and rugged industrial construction
Learn more about the RIO platform with these additional resources:
- RIO Expansion Overview: www.ni.com/rio-expansion
- NI 9154 Product Page: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210776/
- NI 9146 Product Page: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210779/
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
*All prices are subject to change without notice.
CompactRIO, LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126
SOURCE National Instruments