OAK BROOK, Ill., May 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Canon, Packaging Digest and Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News are pleased to announce the finalists for the 2014 Visionary Awards. The Visionary Awards pay tribute to people who show vision, innovation and leadership in packaging production, operations, development and design.
All finalists will be recognized, and winners revealed, at a gala ceremony during the EastPack event at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City on Tuesday, June 10, 2014. The ceremony is held in partnership with the Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) AmeriStar Package Awards.
This year there are five finalists in the Packaging Development & Design category and three finalists in the Packaging Production & Operations category.
2014 Visionary Award Finalists
Development & Design Category
- Amie Marshall, packaging engineer II, Boston Scientific Corp.
- Ross Christianson, senior packaging engineer (project leader for User Experience Research Lab), Boston Scientific Corp.
- Elisha Tropper, president/CEO, Cambridge Security Seals
- Mother Parkers Innovation and Technology Team: Margaret LaRocque, packaging engineer; Shelby Parkinson, analytical lab technician; Yucheng Fu, product engineering manager; Paul Yang, packaging manager; and Lib Trombetta, director of innovation and technology
- Joe Mase, vice president of marketing and business development, Sagent Pharmaceuticals
Production & Operations Category
- Diageo Team Cube: Paul Millar, head of packaging technology; Dawn Reilly, COGS reduction brand change manager; Ray Webb, project engineer; Ian Bell, packaging development technologist; and Donal Comerford, central manufacturing lead
- Mother Parkers RealCup Operations Startup Team: Stephen Leung, plant manager; Chris Meffen, production manager; Dennis Paynter, president of coffee operations, Lib Trombetta, vice director of innovation and technology; Yucheng Fu, product engineering manager; and Janet Nagy, human-resources manager
- Viva Concepts team: Gregory Hughes, CEO; Greg Hughes, Jr, vice president product development, Farid Tabibzadeh, founder; Sam Didear, designer; Rikard Rodin, designer; Jose Barajas, designer
Details about the accomplishments of these finalists can be found on packagingdigest.com. Information about the winners, along with testimonials from others they have inspired, will be published in the August 2014 issue of Packaging Digest.
Join Packaging Digest and Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News on June 10, 2014 at 4:15 P.M for the Visionary and AmeriStar Awards ceremony where we will recognize the finalists and announce the winners. Tickets are available for purchase. Join the conversation and congratulate the finalists using #PackVision and #IoPPAmeriStar.
Visionary Award and AmeriStar Package Awards sponsorship opportunities are also available. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship options.
Packaging Digest is the premier packaging media brand. Respected worldwide for its timely and extensive coverage of trends, best practices and new technologies, the magazine reaches more than 80,000 subscribers who comprise decision makers in corporate management, operations and engineering as well as design and brand leaders. Through its online presence, Packaging Digest also offers expanded reach via enewsletters, videos, webcasts and other targeted services, making this brand the vehicle of choice for those seeking to reach the $470 billion global packaging market. Packaging Digest is a media brand of UBM Canon.
Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News (PMP News) is a comprehensive resource for medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing professionals who need focused, reliable, and timely information to make intelligent packaging decisions. PMP News reaches more than 63,000 packaging professionals in the healthcare product packaging market via magazine, online, digital editions, enewsletters, webcasts, white papers, and UBM Canon packaging events.
UBM Canon LLC, the leading B2B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing, and manufacturing processes and packaging. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries is organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
SOURCE UBM Canon