SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Canon's Design News is excited to announce that nominations are now open for the annual Golden Mousetrap Awards competition, which honors innovation in the development of new products in automation, electronics, materials, and design tools. This annual awards program has been in place since 2003. Enter today at http://gmt.designnews.com/.
"We've seen many exceptional, cutting-edge products submitted to the Golden Mousetrap program over the years, and we hope this year will be no different," said Jennifer Campbell, executive editor of Design News. "It is always a challenge for us to select just one winner in each category, but we are up to the task, and look forward to reviewing the entries and meeting the winners in Anaheim. Good luck to all!"
A few things you need to know:
- We've made some minor changes to our categories and subcategories this year. While the four core technologies – Electronics & Test; Automation & Control; Design Tools: Hardware & Software; and Materials & Assembly – remain the same, we have added some new subcategories, most notably 3D printing!
- Cost is $295 per entry, and will be judged this year by Design News's editors, as well as our esteemed Advisory Board, made up of the top brass from leading companies.
- Products that entered the marketplace between Sept. 1, 2012 and Aug. 31, 2013 are eligible.
- Winners will be announced in February during a ceremony at the Pacific Design & Manufacturing Show in Anaheim, Calif. Attendance is not mandatory to be chosen as a winner, but it strongly encouraged.
- Deadline for entries is November 15, 2013
To submit your entry, go online to http://gmt.designnews.com/.
For more information about Design News or the Golden Mousetraps Awards, contact Jennifer Campbell at (781) 271-0002 Ext. 2 or [email protected].
UBM Canon, the leading B2B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices, pharmaceutical development and Design News. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing, and manufacturing processes and packaging. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
SOURCE UBM Canon