SAN FRANCISCO, April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today unveiled post-event details for DESIGN West — a new conference and exhibition held March 26 – 29, 2012 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California.
DESIGN West 2012 milestones and achievements included:
- First-ever combination of seven top industry summits (Embedded Systems Conference, Android Summit, Black Hat Summit, DesignMED, Multicore DevCon, EDN's Designing with LEDs, Sensors in Design) under one roof expanded event's reach and appeal.
- New "Center of the Engineering Universe" educational theme provided hundreds of seminars, lectures and of hands-on training sessions.
- First-ever combination of two top electronics industry recognition ceremonies (VDC Research Group-sponsored Embeddy Awards and UBM Electronics' ACE Awards) recognized more than thirty companies and individuals for outstanding achievement.
- New "DESIGN On Demand" program featuring the ViewSonic tablet allowed attendees to choose from content from DESIGN West programs including original conference programming, top rated sessions, video keynotes and conference papers and proceedings.
- Avnet Express' "Drive for Innovation" program sponsored 20 San Jose State University engineering students to attend DESIGN West 2012 giving them access to technology experts, mentors and industry leaders. San Jose's Mayor, Chuck Reed, and San Jose City Council subsequently proclaimed the week of April 2, 2012 "Drive for Innovation Week" commending "the effort to highlight innovative people, products and places in electronics and technology."
- A record 1200 DESIGN West "Tech Totes" loaded with hardware, software and free gear were given away to attendees.
- More than 250 established and early-stage exhibiting companies made 142 product and technology announcements and held more than 250 briefings with 131 attending electronics industry journalists and analysts.
"DESIGN West 2012 established a new paradigm for electronics industry events," said Katherine Astromoff, CEO, UBM Electronics. "The first-ever combination of seven top industry summits with the 'Center of the Engineering Universe' theme provided a deeply technical curriculum and an extraordinary opportunity for attendees to experience the hottest new products and companies in a fun and highly accessible environment. The feedback from attendees and industry observers has been overwhelmingly positive."
Future UBM Electronics DESIGN events include:
- DESIGN East – September 17-20, 2012, Hynes Convention Center, Boston, Massachusetts.
- DESIGN West – April 23-25, 2013, McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, California.
About DESIGN (www.ubmdesign.com)
Held in key strategic technology development locations worldwide, UBM Electronics' DESIGN events are the global electronics industry's leading gatherings. With cutting edge product demonstrations, visionary speeches and hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities, DESIGN is the ideal venue for the electronics engineering community to learn, collaborate and recognize excellence. UBM Electronics' DESIGN events cater to the extremely technical, higher-learning needs of the world's top engineers while providing an unprecedented forum for the examination of the industry's pressing business challenges. In addition, DESIGN West celebrates decades of unique local electronics industry culture, innovation and Silicon Valley's significant contributions to the global technology industry.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN West, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information on DESIGN West 2012 please contact:
Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics
Kaye Public Relations
SOURCE UBM Electronics