SAN FRANCISCO, March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics' EE Times (www.eetimes.com), the voice of the electronics industry, today announced a special digital-only edition of the 2011 Engineers' Career Guide and Salary Survey.
Highlights of the survey:
- Engineers working in industry hot spots around the globe received bonuses last year, a sign that "better times may be coming back."
- Engineers who've been grateful to have any kind of job are gaining confidence and are out in the job market again looking for better opportunities.
- Includes summary reports on the latest global salary and opinion survey of how engineers stack up among their peers as well as practical advice and tools for advancing an engineer's career and maximizing satisfaction on the job.
- The "headhunter" behind a popular career-advice blog offers tips on how to know when it might be "time to jump ship."
- A consultant who learned the business the hard way offers advice for avoiding his rookie mistakes. Other experts show how to leverage social media to get ahead and get along on the job, and how to use salary calculators to be armed with the facts when negotiating a starting salary or asking for a raise.
The Engineers' Career Guide and Salary Survey is $29.99. To purchase the survey, click here.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About United Business Media Limited
UBM (UBM.L) focuses on two principal activities: worldwide information distribution, targeting and monitoring; and, the development and monetization of B2B communities and markets. UBM's businesses inform markets and serve professional commercial communities -- from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists -- with integrated events, online, print and business information products. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, bringing buyers and sellers together, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.ubm.com
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics