BOLINGBROOK, Ill., Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Throughout the month of October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, ULTA Beauty stores across the country will be covered with "kisses" as ULTA Beauty invites customers to participate in its Donate with a Kiss™ campaign to support breast cancer awareness and research. ULTA Beauty will cover its stores in kisses, an international symbol of love, with each kiss representing a $1.00 donation in support of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF). Donate with a Kiss™ is expected to showcase more than 1.5 million kisses across 467 ULTA Beauty stores nationally.
There are several ways to contribute to fundraising efforts benefiting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, with chances to win exclusive products and prizes. Initiatives include:
DONATE WITH A KISS
- With a $1 donation to BCRF at ULTA Beauty stores consumers can register to win a beauty bag of "pink" products valued at $598; one winner per store will be chosen by random drawing. A kiss decal will be given for each $1 donation and can be posted in the store windows or taken home.
- With a $5 donation to BCRF consumers receive an ULTA Pink Limited-Edition Travel Tumbler and 5 kiss decals.
- With a $10 donation to BCRF consumers receive a Pink Kiss Umbrella and 10 kiss decals.
LIMITED EDITION, EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS TO BENEFIT BCRF
- Philosophy offers ULTA Beauty's #1 selling moisturizer in special pink packaging! Philosophy's "Hope in a Jar Limited Edition in Pink" is the award-winning, lightweight daily moisturizer that hydrates and provides antioxidant protection, while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. Exclusive to ULTA Beauty stores and available online at ULTA.com for $38, Philosophy donates $5.00 from the sale of this product to BCRF.
- Stila offers the "Courage & Beauty" palette exclusively at ULTA Beauty stores for $16, with $1 from each sale donated to BCRF. The palette includes a collection of 5 eye shadows, a Convertible Color Lip and Cheek Cream, a mirror and a face chart.
- Smashbox offers the popular "Be Legendary" lipstick in a limited-edition shade in honor of BCRF founder Mrs. Evelyn Lauder, called "Inspiration." The lipstick will be sold exclusively at ULTA Beauty stores and online at ULTA.com for $19. $5 from each sale will be donated to BCRF.
THE SALON CUT-A-THON
- Customers can participate in The Salon at ULTA Beauty's Cut-A-Thon on Sunday, October 14 from 11a.m. - 6p.m. in ULTA Beauty stores nationwide. For a minimum, suggested donation of $10, supporters receive a cut, shampoo and style by ULTA Beauty's professionally trained stylists. One hundred percent of Cut-A-Thon proceeds will be donated to BCRF. In 2011, ULTA Beauty performed more than 19,000 haircuts during the Cut-A-Thon, a number it aims to reach again. The Salon at ULTA Beauty proudly uses Redken and CHI professional products
Since 2009, ULTA Beauty's campaign for BCRF has created a visual testament to the combined efforts of ULTA Beauty customers and employees to support BCRF's mission to fund research related to the causes, treatment, prevention and cure of breast cancer in our lifetime. In 2011 ULTA Beauty raised more than over 1.5 million dollars to benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
For details on ULTA Beauty's Donate with a Kiss campaign visit www.ulta.com/donatewithakiss.
About Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. Ulta Beauty provides affordable indulgence to its customers by combining unmatched product breadth, value and convenience with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer. Ulta Beauty offers a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, haircare, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon haircare products. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in all of its stores. As of July 28, 2012, the Company operates 489 retail stores across 45 states and also distributes its products through the Company's website: www.ulta.com.
ABOUT THE BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION®
Since founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF) has raised $370 million to advance the most promising breast cancer research worldwide that will help lead to prevention and a cure in our lifetime. In 2011-2012, BCRF grants are supporting 187 dedicated researchers at major medical institutions across the globe. If not for BCRF, many facts about the genetic basis of breast cancer would not be known, the link between exercise, nutrition and breast cancer risk would not be established, and the rate of mortalities would not continue its downward curve. BCRF-funded scientists are responsible for these and many other critical achievements. Currently, over 90 cents of every dollar donated is being directed to breast cancer research and awareness programs, BCRF continues to remain one of the most fiscally responsible charities in the country. BCRF holds a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, its tenth such designation since 2002. Additionally, BCRF is the only cancer organization designated as "A+" by CharityWatch. For more information about BCRF, visit www.bcrfcure.org.
SOURCE ULTA Beauty