Law school becomes first in the country to provide its alumni with unprecedented access to the nation's largest web-based CLE and professional development service.
HOUSTON, Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The University of Houston Law Center announced today that it will offer its alumni free, unlimited access to the nation's largest web-based continuing education and professional development service. The complimentary program for 2012 is made possible through a partnership between Thomson Reuters West LegalEdcenter, the law school and the UH Law Foundation.
"We are pleased to be the first law school in the country to offer this opportunity to our alumni," said UH Law Center Dean Raymond T. Nimmer. "This program underscores the Law Center's continuing commitment to the ongoing success of our graduates."
"West LegalEdcenter is excited to join with the University of Houston Law Center in providing timely, quality continuing education for its alumni by offering the most comprehensive and relevant courses and support for those from large law firms to corporations to solo practitioners," said Lee Ann Enquist, vice president, Professional Development, Thomson Reuters.
The service for all practicing attorneys will enable users to take courses which fulfill Texas continuing legal education (CLE) requirements and feature such benefits as:
- Access to more than 6,000 continuing legal education programs including substantive law and practice skills programs from more than 50 leading CLE providers such as the American Law Institute – American Bar Association (ALI-ABA), and the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Unlimited access to CLE programs 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- CLE's provided directly to users from any location with an Internet connection including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Toll-free technical support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Monthly alerts regarding online CLE programs tailored to attorneys' area of practice and state of admission
UH Law Center alumni may go to http://www.law.uh.edu/alumni/ and click on the UHLC West LegalEdcenter tab to register.
About the University of Houston Law Center
The University of Houston Law Center is the leading law school in the nation's fifth‐largest legal market. Founded in 1947, it is a top‐tier institution awarding Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) and Master of Laws (LL.M.) degrees. The Law Center is fully accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the American Association of Law Schools.
About the University of Houston
The University of Houston is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university recognized by The Princeton Review as one of the nation's best colleges for undergraduate education. UH serves the globally competitive Houston and Gulf Coast Region by providing world-class faculty, experiential learning and strategic industry partnerships. Located in the nation's fourth-largest city, UH serves more than 39,500 students in the most ethnically and culturally diverse region in the country.
SOURCE University of Houston Law Center