University of New Hampshire Partners with Enterasys to Bring Wi-Fi to the Whittemore Center Arena
100 Percent High Speed Wi-Fi Coverage Promotes a Digitally Immersive User Experience
Apr 30, 2013, 08:30 ET
SALEM, N.H., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, will bring 100 percent wireless network access to the University of New Hampshire's (UNH) Whittemore Center, the university's multi-purpose arena that services over a quarter of a million guests each year.
The deployment at UNH will expand wireless capacity exponentially and provide visitors with a more connected and immersive experience at the Whittemore Center. The expansion highlights Enterasys and UNH's joint mission to deliver fast and secure Wi-Fi for students, faculty, staff and guests across the entirety of the campus, which now includes residence halls, academic buildings and athletic facilities.
- Enterasys will provide 100 percent Wi-Fi access in this hyper-dense environment that includes up to 7,500 users at a time.
- The technology will enable a more interactive and digitally immersive experience through the use of Enterasys' IdentiFi Wi-Fi, NetSight management and B-Series stackable switches.
- Due to limited bandwidth, UNH's Whittemore Center wasn't able to support a high capacity of mobile devices. The wireless network will allow guests to bring their own device without fear of interruption and limited connectivity. At the same time, the solution enables UNH to easily manage and control the massive influx of wireless devices by providing centralized visibility and granular control of the enterprise network resources end to end.
- The installation will take place over the summer and will be finalized before the start of the fall semester and hockey season.
- UNH already employs Enterasys Wi-Fi in its residence halls, academic buildings and outdoor areas.
Joanna Young, CIO, University of New Hampshire
"At its core, today's announcement highlights UNH's mission to advancing education and event experience for all those on our campus and Enterasys has been with us every step of the way. The combination of Enterasys' flexibility, deep understanding of our needs and focus on providing superior customer service is what makes them a truly valued partner. They've shown that they are not only committed to UNH, but to the greater New Hampshire community."
Amber Lilyestrom, Associate Athletic Director for Marketing & Strategic Initiatives
"Whether at a hockey game or a concert, guests today crave an interactive and personal experience that can only be delivered through Wi-Fi enabled devices. Fans demand social media access to share excitement about the Wildcats' winning goal. When attending a trade show, visitors want to check their social media and e-mail onsite, from a fast and secure location. These are just a few ways our work with Enterasys will positively affect Whittemore Center guests, and we're excited to offer them an experience unlike other arenas."
Vala Afshar, Chief Customer Officer & Chief Marketing Officer, Enterasys Networks
"Demand for highly available and secure Wi-Fi access at sporting venues is growing at a rapid pace. While most college and even professional-level arenas still rely on 3G and 4G cellular service for Internet access, UNH is a prime example of how wireless technology can be used to accelerate not only learning, but the quality of events and games. I have no doubt that similar institutions will look at the Whittemore Center as the example of what they should strive to be."
- Enterasys Higher Education Solutions
- Enterasys Hospitality Solutions
- Video Testimonial with Joanna Young, CIO, UNH
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
For more information, please visit:
www.siemens-enterprise.com or www.enterasys.com
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
Share this article