GLENDALE, Calif., Feb. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* today announced that an updated version of its YP(SM)–Yellow Pages App is now available on the App Store. The update delivers a completely redesigned user experience that offers more ways for iPhone users to quickly find local businesses and great savings. In addition to encouraging users to cash in on local deals, AT&T's flagship local search app now greets users with a fresh look packed with new features that also support discovery and interaction with local businesses.
The YP(SM) brand offers a unique mobile experience built from the ground up to help users quickly find more of what they are really looking for - whether it's local businesses, events or ways to save money. AT&T's relationships with thousands of advertisers and leading coupon providers amplify the opportunity to offer access to a wide range of local deals everyday and with no upfront purchase or additional steps.
The next-gen YP app experience offers iPhone users:
- Convenient "Deals" section to browse nearby coupons, specials, and discounts across a variety of categories that can be redeemed on the spot or tucked away for later.
- Location-aware homescreen that displays local weather and can be personalized to show nearby deals, local events, and shortcuts to favorite searches.
- Ability to save deals, favorite businesses, and events to "My Stuff" for easy access.
- Enhanced features including location detection that automatically pinpoints a users' location down to the street address, making it easier to quickly find things nearby.
- Swipe listings for a quick access menu to quickly call, see a map or get directions to a business nearby.
New features complement popular YP app functionality including:
- Quickly search comprehensive information for over 18M U.S. businesses by typing, speaking, or browsing popular categories.
- Thousands of ratings and reviews by locals and the ability to post your own review on the spot.
- Access to thousands of video profiles that bring users "face-to-face" with local businesses.
- Numerous ways to share businesses with friends including via text, email, Twitter and Facebook.
- Seasonal "discovery modules" that provide timely suggestions for exploring nearby places to eat, drink, play and shop.
"The new YP App is designed to meet the needs of users who live a mobile lifestyle — by making it easier and quicker to navigate their daily lives," said David Williams, VP of Mobile Products at AT&T Interactive. "Developed with iPhone users in mind, the app is super intuitive, quickly helps users find nearby stores, well-reviewed restaurants or entertainment options and delivers coupons and discounts straight to their fingertips."
The YP–Yellow Pages App is available for free from the App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
About AT&T Interactive
AT&T Interactive, a subsidiary of AT&T Inc, is an industry leader in creating local search products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across three screens - online, mobile, and TV. YP.com, AT&T Interactive's flagship web property, attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors.(1) AT&T Interactive consumer apps have a pre-activation presence or have been downloaded through digital app stores on over 40 million mobile phones.(2)
The YP Local Ad Network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers whose presence spans online, mobile and TV. AT&T Interactive's wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business.
AT&T Interactive products are supported by over 5,000 media consultants from AT&T Advertising Solutions and third party resellers. To learn more visit www.adsolutions.att.com.
Keep tabs on YP products on YP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YP.
(1) Source: AT&T Interactive internal data, 2010 YTD average through December. This data has not been subject to third party review and are not subject to audit
(2) Source: AT&T Mobility and AT&T Interactive internal data
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.