PORTLAND, Ore., Nov. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Uplevel Systems, provider of IT infrastructure solutions to managed service providers (MSPs) serving small business, is launching the Secure SMB Suite designed to bring right-sized, business-class cybersecurity solutions to small companies through trusted information technology (IT) providers. Flexible tiers of security make it easy for managed service providers (MSPs) and IT consultants to help small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) devise cybersecurity strategies tailored to their unique needs, expertise and budget.
"Companies who think they are too small to be attacked are prime targets for today's hackers, and more than 60% of SMBs suffering breaches go out of business within six monthsi," says Uplevel CEO Tom Alexander. "It is not a question of whether or not these businesses need cybersecurity, but of how much they need. Our Secure SMB suite is designed to help IT professionals work with smaller clients to devise tailored solutions and best practices that meet their unique needs at a price they can afford."
Uplevel's infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solution integrates networking, VPN, Wi-Fi, storage, security and remote management for companies with fewer than 25 employees, all available on a pure subscription basis. The Secure SMB suite includes enhanced firewall and intrusion prevention system (IPS) capabilities, protection against Ransomware and real-time threat intelligence to secure every facet of managed IT services.
To help educate smaller clients about their need to enhance security, Uplevel also provides selling tools and other resources for its reseller partners. Tools are designed to frame the discussion of whether companies need "good, better or best" defense strategies based on variables such as remote or guest access, industry regulations, online transactions, physical location and employee awareness. A sample framework is available at http://www.uplevelsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Security-Top-10-Checklist.pdf.
Multi-tiered Cyber-defense Framework
Secure SMB includes:
- Stateful firewall: Provides business-class protection against unsolicited Internet traffic
- IPS: Content-aware inspection of in- and outbound traffic to detect embedded malware
- Ransomware protection: Local, remote and cloud-based backup for flexible storage and fast recovery
- Internal Security Groups: Prevent unauthorized distribution of data
- Secure DNS: Protection against hackers posing as legitimate websites
- Remote access VPN to support working offsite
- Easy to deploy Site-to-site VPN to interconnect offices with one click
- Threat intelligence based on WebTitan services: Filtering of traffic from dangerous websites for advanced white- and black-listing
"Uplevel's focus on building security into managed service is a powerful breakthrough for small companies looking to avoid investing in high-end firewalls, IPS and other high-end appliances," says Kyle Brown, an MSP and Uplevel partner serving Portland, Oregon. "Just recently we were able to improve a property management firm's security posture while saving them thousands of dollars in capital cost to upgrade equipment."
i Small Business Trends, 2017. https://smallbiztrends.com/2017/01/cyber-security-statistics-small-business.html
SOURCE Uplevel Systems