WASHINGTON, July 23, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/UPPAbaby-Recalls-Strollers-and-RumbleSeats
Name of Product: UPPAbaby 2015 CRUZ, 2015 VISTA strollers and 2015 RumbleSeat
Hazard: The strollers' and RumbleSeats' bumper bar poses a choking hazard when a child bites the bumper bar and removes a piece of the foam covering.
Consumers should immediately remove and stop using the bumper bar on these recalled strollers and RumbleSeats and contact the firm to receive a free bumper bar cover and warning label.
Consumer Contact: UPPAbaby customer service toll-free at (844) 540-8694 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or online at www.UPPAbaby.com and click on Safety Notice on the lower right hand corner of the page for more information.
Units: About 71,000 (in addition, 8,000 were sold in Canada)
Description: This recall involves 2015 CRUZ and 2015 VISTA strollers and 2015 RumbleSeat. The CRUZ strollers have an aluminum alloy grey or black frame with a black fabric toddler seat with a colored fabric sunshade canopy and a black basket under the seat. The UPPAbaby name and logo are printed on the side of the canopy and "CRUZ" is printed in white lettering on the handlebars of the stroller. The VISTA strollers have grey or black aluminum frames, colored sunshade canopy and are made to hold one, two or up to three children. VISTA is printed in white lettering on the handlebars of the stroller and UPPAbaby is printed across the bottom diagonal rail of the stroller frame next to a black, fabric basket. The RumbleSeat is a separate seat attachment that can be attached to the stroller frame. RumbleSeats have manufacture dates stamped on the bottom of the seat from September 2014 through May 2015. The RumbleSeat comes in various colors and allows the child to ride rear facing, forward facing or reclined. All of the strollers and RumbleSeats have a foam bumper bar across the middle of the product for the child to hold. The CRUZ and VISTA strollers with the following model and serial numbers are included in the recall:
The 2015 CRUZ strollers have model number 0181 and the following serial number printed on a sticker with a barcode on the lower right frame of the stroller.
- CRZ0415018100001 through CRZ0415018100738
- CRZ0415018100739 through CRZ0415018101284
- CRZ0515018101285 through CRZ0515018101824
- CRZ0714018100001 through CRZ0714018101441
- CRZ0814018102464 through CRZ0814018102983
- CRZ0814018100001 through CRZ0814018100521
- CRZ0814018103764 through CRZ0814018104024
- CRZ0814018103504 through CRZ0814018103763
- CRZ0814018103244 through CRZ0814018103503
- CRZ0914018104905 through CRZ0914018105353
- CRZ0914018104617 through CRZ0914018104760
- CRZ0914018104025 through CRZ0914018104184
- CRZ0914018104185 through CRZ0914018104328
- CRZ0914018104761 through CRZ0914018104904
- CRZ0914018104329 through CRZ0914018104472
- CRZ1014018106646 through CRZ1014018109347
- CRZ1114018109348 through CRZ1114018112151
- CRZ1114018114244 through CRZ1114018115495
- CRZ1114018112242 through CRZ1114018114243
- CRZ1214018115496 through CRZ1214018117465
The 2015 VISTA strollers have model number 0101 printed on a sticker on the lower crossbar frame. The 2015 VISTA strollers also have the following serial number printed on a sticker with a barcode below the rear axle of the stroller frame on the left.
- VIS0315010103097 through VIS0315010103696
- VIS0315010104435 through VIS0315010105310
- VIS0315010106433 through VIS0315010107416
- VIS0814010100001 through VIS0814010101261
- VIS0814010100001 through VIS0814010100631
- VIS0914010101894 through VIS0914010102525
- VIS0914010102526 through VIS0914010103155
- VIS0914010103156 through VIS0914010103785
- VIS1014010103786 through VIS1014010104417
- VIS1014010105048 through VIS1014010105677
- VIS1014010104418 through VIS1014010105047
- VIS1014010112494 through VIS1014010112973
- VIS1014010111598 through VIS1014010111864
- VIS1014010107220 through VIS1014010111063
- VIS1014010111865 through VIS1014010112133
- VIS1014010111064 through VIS1014010111330
- VIS1014010112134 through VIS1014010112493
- VIS1014010111331 through VIS1014010111597
- VIS1014010105678 through VIS1014010107219
- VIS1114010112974 through VIS1114010114205
- VIS1114010114206 through VIS1114010121671
- VIS1114010121672 through VIS1114010124381
- VIS1114010124382 through VIS1214010127183
- VIS1214010127184 through VIS1214010129685
Incidents/Injuries: UPPAbaby has received 22 reports of children biting off a piece of the bumper bar foam. No injuries have been reported.
Sold at: BuyBuy Baby and other juvenile product retailers nationwide and online at Amazon.com from December 2014 through July 2015 for about $500 for the CRUZ stroller, $860 for the VISTA stroller and $170 for the RumbleSeat.
Importer: UPPAbaby, of Hingham, Mass.
Manufactured in: China
Note: Health Canada's press release is available at:
About U.S. CPSC:
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical or mechanical hazard. CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters and household chemicals – contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission.
To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury go online to www.SaferProducts.gov or call CPSC's Hotline at (800) 638-2772 or teletypewriter at (301) 595-7054 for the hearing impaired. Consumers can obtain news release and recall information at www.cpsc.gov, on Twitter @USCPSC or by subscribing to CPSC's free e-mail newsletters.
CPSC Consumer Information Hotline
Contact us at this toll-free number if you have questions about a recall:
800-638-2772 (TTY 301-595-7054)
Times: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET; Messages can be left anytime
Call to get product safety and other agency information and to report unsafe products.
Please use the phone numbers below for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800
SOURCE U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission