MAPLE GROVE, Minn., Feb. 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC (Upsher-Smith) and the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA) are proud to honor 44 pharmacists from across the United States with the 2019 NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award for their outstanding contributions to the profession of pharmacy. The annual award sponsored by Upsher-Smith is given by NASPA and state pharmacy associations.
The Excellence in Innovation Award recognizes pharmacists who have demonstrated significant innovation in their practice, method, or service resulting in improved patient care and/or advancement of the profession of pharmacy. The award is presented by participating state pharmacist associations.
"Upsher-Smith is proud to continue its long tradition of partnering with the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations and state pharmacy associations to honor pharmacists for their innovation and commitment to personalizing medicine for the many patients they serve," said Rusty Field, President and CEO of Upsher-Smith. "We are pleased to recognize the 2019 awardees who share our commitment to improving the health and lives of patients by providing high-quality products that patients can access and afford."
Rebecca Snead, Executive Vice President and CEO of NASPA added, "The National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations is proud to partner with Upsher-Smith to recognize the achievements of these outstanding pharmacists who have dedicated their professional lives to advancing pharmacy practice and making a difference in their communities. We are grateful to Upsher-Smith for supporting these pharmacists with the Excellence in Innovation Award."
State honorees received their award from participating state pharmacy associations during separate award ceremonies throughout 2019. The recipients include:
- Alabama: Garrett Aikens, PharmD
- Alaska: ANTHC Inpatient and Infusion Pharmacy Optimization Team
- Arizona: Emily McGlamery, PharmD
- Arkansas: Jett Jones, PharmD
- California: David Mitchell, PharmD, MBA, CSP, FCPhA
- Colorado: Vickilee Einhellig, RPh
- Connecticut: Stephanie A. Gernant, PharmD, MS
- Delaware: Jason R. Slavoski, PharmD
- Florida: Timothy Edminster, PharmD
- Georgia: Lee Jack Dunn, RPh
- Illinois: Sara E. Buehnerkemper, PharmD
- Indiana: Megan Dorrell, PharmD, BCACP
- Iowa: Angie Hoth, PharmD, MPH
- Kansas: Dared Price, PharmD and Renee Price, PharmD
- Kentucky: Trish R. Freeman, RPh, PhD, FAPhA, FNAP
- Louisiana: Leah Snyder, PharmD
- Maine: Elizabeth A. Dragatsi, RPh, BCPS
- Maryland: Kathleen J. Pincus, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP
- Michigan: Curtis D. Collins, PharmD, MS, BCIDP, FASHP
- Minnesota: Joseph Dvorak, PharmD
- Mississippi: Julia Woods, PharmD
- Missouri: Tripp Logan, PharmD
- Montana: Andrea Lannon, RPh
- New Jersey: Steven Gilbert, BSPharm, MBA, BCPS
- New Mexico: Ndidiamaka Okpareke, PharmD
- New York: Daniel Bosley, RPh
- North Carolina: Irene Ulrich, PharmD
- North Dakota: Tallie Schneider, PharmD
- Ohio: Sarah Adkins, RPh, PharmD
- Oklahoma: Clark Bishop, PharmD
- Oregon: Mary Onysko, PharmD, BCPS
- Pennsylvania: Sandra Kane-Gill, PharmD, MS, FCCP
- Puerto Rico: Nimia I. Vázquez Suárez, RPh, MBA, ABAAHP
- Rhode Island: Eugenio Fernandez Jr., PharmD, MBA, MPH
- South Carolina: Donna Avant, BSPharm
- Tennessee: Chad Gentry, PharmD, BCACP, CDE
- Texas: Rannon Ching, PharmD
- Utah: Bonnie Mason, RPh
- Virginia: Jennifer Purdy, PharmD
- Washington: Tara Pfund, PharmD
- Washington, DC: Marie-Josée Massing, PharmD
- West Virginia: Heidi N. Romero, PharmD
- Wisconsin: Andrew P. Traynor, PharmD, BCPS
- Wyoming: Andrew Cannon, PharmD
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC is a trusted U.S. pharmaceutical company that strives to improve the health and lives of patients through an unwavering commitment to high-quality products and sustainable growth. Since 1919, it has brought generics and brands to a wide array of customers backed by an attentive level of service, strong industry relationships, and dedication to uninterrupted supply.
As Upsher-Smith begins its second century in business, the company enters a new ambitious era that has been accelerated by its 2017 acquisition by Sawai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Upsher-Smith and Sawai plan to leverage each other for growth worldwide and embark on an exciting new chapter as they seek to deliver the best value for their stakeholders, and most importantly, Do More Good™ for the patients they serve. For more information, visit www.upsher-smith.com.
About the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
The National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA), founded in 1927 as the National Council of State Pharmacy Association Executives, is dedicated to enhancing the success of state pharmacy associations in their efforts to advance the profession of pharmacy. NASPA's membership is comprised of state pharmacy associations and over 70 other stakeholder organizations. NASPA promotes leadership, sharing, learning, and policy exchange among its members and pharmacy leaders nationwide. For more information, please visit the NASPA Web site www.naspa.us.
Do More Good is a trademark of Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC.
SOURCE Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC