NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army will share educational and career opportunities within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) through its long-standing partnership and support of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE). The Bethesda, Maryland Fall Regional Conference will be held at the Bethesda North Marriott from November 6-8, 2015.
The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) advances African-American success and interest in STEM education and career development. NSBE Region 2 is home to some of the top talent that NSBE has to offer by enhancing & sustaining academic excellence. Region 2 is comprised of member chapters from the following states: North Carolina; Washington, DC; Virginia; South Carolina; Delaware; Pennsylvania; West Virginia; and Maryland.
The U.S. Army will have a broad presence at the conference, including:
- An exhibit area where visitors can speak with Army representatives about the variety of Army educational and career opportunities in the STEM fields.
- Army leadership will speak at the closing session about the importance of excellence in education and the importance of STEM fields in the Army today.
- The Army will host three (3) workshops: two for pre-collegiate students and one for collegiate students that will include:
- Pre-Collegiate: Leadership & Ethics - Students will identify their unique leadership style and learn how to empower themselves and their teams through exercises that will include project scenarios to determine the best course of action as a leader in surmounting specific challenges.
- Collegiate: Leadership and Problem Solving: Students will learn key project management principles that address problems by establishing strategy that leads teams through milestone planning and helps them complete project objectives.
- During the conference, U.S. Army representatives will also participate as judges in NSBE competitions for pre-collegiate students across categories which include: Science fair, Mathematics, Quiz Bowl and Robotics.
The Army's participation at the NSBE Fall Regional Conference reflects its substantial commitment to supporting education across communities throughout the country. Last year, the Army awarded more than $280 million in ROTC scholarships for students at over 300 colleges and universities throughout the U.S. Additionally, the Army shares resources like the March2Success online platform, a free resource that helps students and their teachers prepare for state standardized tests and college entrance exams like the SAT (www.March2Success.com).
About the Army Marketing and Research Group (AMRG)
The Army Marketing and Research Group (AMRG) is the U.S. Army's national marketing, marketing research and analysis and accessions analysis organization. The AMRG develops innovative and effective ways to: connect with the American public and make the Army more accessible and understood; increase awareness of both the benefits and value of Army service; and motivate the most qualified candidates to choose the Army as their service of choice.
SOURCE Army Marketing and Research Group