SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to supplementation, there is only one thing more important than what you find in the product: the label. That's why accurate labeling is a top priority for USANA Health Sciences—a global, award-winning nutrition company—and today, they're proud to announce that four additional products have received the "Stamp-of-Approval" from ConsumerLab.com, a leading provider of independent testing designed to ensure labeling remains compliant and true.
"USANA welcomes the opportunity to have a reputable third-party institute test its products so we can demonstrate that our products are the highest quality," says Dan Macuga, chief communications officer. "This seal of approval gives our products higher credibility by proving the claims we've been making for 22 years."
In a recent study, ConsumerLab.com determined that the tested USANA products (below) contain its labeled amount of ingredients:
- USANA® EssentialsTM – Daily supplement of Mega Antioxidant and Chelated Mineral for adults
- UsanimalsTM – Daily multivitamin to support development for children 2-12
- BabyCare Prenatal Essentials – Daily nutrition to safely support the health of mother and baby
- Body RoxTM - Daily vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant supplement for teenagers
The review can be found on the company's website at www.consumerlab.com.
MAKE A SAFE PURCHASING CHOICE
- Find a company that carries a potency guarantee, ensuring that what is defined on the label is actually in the product.
- Explore companies that model their product development after Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Research which supplement companies operate in an FDA-registered facility, following the FDA's highest possible standard for manufacturing.
"USANA has three main concerns when it comes to making its supplements: quality, safety and efficacy," says Dr. John Cuomo, executive director of product development and technology. "Which is why we pride ourselves on strictly using the highest quality ingredients when manufacturing our supplements."
USANA'S POTENCY GUARANTEE
A Potency Guarantee on every supplement guarantees what is in the label is in the product. USANA tests for the following:
1. Quality — meets all specified expectations
2. Strength — offers the proper concentration of ingredients
3. Composition — contains exactly what it's supposed to, in exactly the right proportions
4. Identification — ingredients in the product are verifiably the ingredients on the label
5. Purity — free from impurities or contamination
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Founded in 1992, USANA Health Sciences (NYSE: USNA) is a U.S.-based nutritional company that manufactures high-quality supplements, personal care and healthy food products in its FDA-registered facility in Salt Lake City. Learn more about USANA by visiting our web site http://www.usana.com or the official USANA blog http://whatsupusana.com.
Media Contact: Ashley Collins
Executive Director of Public Relations and Social Media
USANA Health Sciences, Inc.
SOURCE USANA Health Sciences