CHARLOTTE, N.C. and WASHINGTON, May 11, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Utilities Technology Council (UTC) held its annual awards dinner last night in Charlotte at the UTC Telecom & Technology 2017 conference. The celebration dinner, sponsored by Fujitsu Network Communications, honored utilities and individuals who have shown extraordinary initiative throughout the past year. The UTC Awards pay tribute to the critical role of information and communications technologies in delivering essential energy and water services to communities throughout the world.
The various UTC awards recognize that in emergencies, utility communications technology saves lives, protects property, speeds restoration, and puts communities on the path to recovery; While every day, utility communications provide opportunities for communities to enhance economic prosperity, provide innovative new services, and support health, education and access to critical services.
The 2017 UTC Award Winners are:
- IMPACT Awards - To honor the UTC Associate Member Organizations making a great impact on our industry through an innovative and proven solution.
- WINNER: ECI Telecom (Software category)
- WINNER: Council Rock (Hardware category)
- WINNER: Alianza (Services category)
- UtiliSite Council Excellence Award - Bestowed on the utility organization or individual, which has demonstrated benefits with their collocation or joint use program.
- WINNER: Kenneth Hill, PPL
- APEX Award - Recognizes individual accomplishment and organizational commitment for outstanding projects undertaken by utility telecom workers.
- WINNER: Midwest Energy Cooperative, Michigan
- Connie Durcsak Visionary Award – Recognizes an individual at a member utility who has personally exemplified and embodied the visionary spirit for our industry that Connie modeled herself.
- WINNER: Karen Flewharty, Oncor
- Meehan Award - Established in 1998, the Meehan Award is named in honor of UTC's first Exec. Director Charles M. (Mike) Meehan. It recognizes individuals for their extraordinary leadership in projects during the past year that greatly furthered the interests and objectives of UTC.
- WINNER: Kevin C. Malloy, NationalGrid
- Dondanville Award - Established in 1989, named in honor of UTC's first President & CEO, Russell V. Dondanville. It recognizes an individual's extraordinary service and dedication to UTC over the years through active participation in numerous Association activities.
- WINNER: Mike Lowe, Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative
"The annual UTC Awards dinner is a very special time that we can come together and recognize achievement, excellence and contributions that ultimately drive our industry forward and improve the communities we serve – and most important, the PEOPLE," said Matt Schnell, UTC 2016-17 Chairman of the Board.
The Utilities Technology Council (UTC) is a global trade association dedicated to serving critical infrastructure providers. Through advocacy, education and collaboration, UTC creates a favorable business, regulatory and technology environment for our members who own or operate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems in support of their core business. www.UTC.org
Atossa Shafaie, UTC
SOURCE Utilities Technology Council (UTC)