LOS ANGELES, July 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer is officially here, which means people are preparing for the vacations they have been planning all year long. Airlines for America projects 210 million people will travel by air this summer, including 29.9 million travelers on international flights, the highest level in six years. No matter the destination, premier specialty sporting goods retailer, Sport Chalet, offers all-inclusive recommendations on the latest luggage, organizers and products to create an easy, seamless experience for travelers.
"Summer vacations are a time to unwind and should be relaxing, enjoyable and stress-free," said Sport Chalet Expert Chris Burston. "Sport Chalet strives to simplify the daunting task of packing by providing peace-of-mind to consumers with a variety of travel products and accessories designed to eliminate travel woes."
Burston lists the following must-have items and travel tips for simple, secure and happy air travel to enhance vacation experiences:
- Avoid clunky luggage. The Dakine Split Roller Travel Bag allows fluid movement with durable wheels and is also equipped with a split level design for easy access to the most pertinent travel items, while also accommodating a surplus of clothes and shoes.
- Have a backup plan. When the carry-on bag doesn't seem to fit in the overhead compartment, another bag on hand could be useful. With a zip-off gear bag, the Eagle Creek Morphus 22 Convertible Bag contains two carry-on sized travel bags in one. The bag has polycarbonate back shell and includes backpack and shoulder straps, padded sleeves for tablets, an attached bottle opener and more.
- Protect valuable electronics. Avoid worrying about scratches or dings on precious tablets or laptops from rough travel conditions. The Kelty Cache Box provides a protective padded soft-liner, adjustable dividers for custom organization and plenty of storage space.
- Ensure carry-ons are TSA compliant. When winding through the security line, it's necessary to keep all liquid toiletries separate in a clear plastic bag. The North Face Base Camp Flat Dopp Kit has a removable liquids pocket for checkpoint-friendly compliance, internal organization pockets for easy access and a flip-out hook for hanging.
- Maximize comfort. Often times, scratchy and upright plane seats can make resting and sleeping nearly impossible. The Eagle Creek Sandman Eyeshade, Travel Pillow and Cat Nap Blanket are made with ultra-soft materials to provide the most comfortable ride.
- Stay organized. Currency, receipts and credit cards can be hard to find in a large bag. The Eagle Creek RFID Crossbody Organizer is a zippered organizer that is easy to carry, and has RFID-blocking technology to keep your personal information from credit cards and IDs protected.
- Take precautionary measures. For ultimate security while traveling internationally, the Eagle Creek Silk Undercover Money Belt can easily be worn under any garments. It provides undercover solution when touring around unknown cities with passports and money.
For more information on Sport Chalet's selection of the newest travel products, visit its Travel Gear page. To find a nearby Sport Chalet location, visit www.sportchalet.com. For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet