SHANGHAI, May 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CMEF Booth #A06/Hall 7.2 -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) the largest independent supplier of X-ray tubes and flat panel digital image detectors for medical imaging, will exhibit a wide spectrum of digital radiography (DR) components at the China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) in Shanghai, China, May 15-18, 2015.
"Varian is committed to China and to making significant investments in operations there," said Sunny Sanyal, president and general manager of Varian Imaging Components. "We are manufacturing components locally with full adherence to our world-class standards, offering reliable and cost-effective products for enhancing healthcare for patients in China."
Varian's CMEF exhibit will showcase a variety of imaging components including replacement tubes, versatile radiographic X-ray tube housings, specialized mammography tubes and housings, and wireless digital X-ray image detectors. Some of the specific products include:
- Replacement tubes for use in GE LightSpeed®, GE BrightSpeed®, and Philips Brilliance 6- and 16-slice CT scanners.
- An "off the shelf" radiographic housing, designed for easy inclusion in imaging systems without customization.
- High-performance mammography tubes designed for advanced applications that yield high contrast when imaging large or dense areas of the breast.
- An air-cooled mammography tube housing for digital and tomography applications that is capable of high heat dissipation rates approximately 200 percent greater than competitive housings and sized to fit into standard X-ray inserts.
- PaxScan® wireless digital image detectors at a variety of sizes that are easily engineered into major manufacturers' systems, such as those used for imaging the chest or extremities; dental cone-beam CT; ear, nose and throat (ENT) procedures, or neonatal imaging. These detectors are optimized for dose efficiency and low signal-to-noise ratios. They offer superior digital image quality along with higher throughput, significant workflow efficiencies, and the potential to enhance patient care and comfort.
- A diagnostic X-ray tube housing that incorporates a heat exchanger and housing in a single unit. This air-cooled housing can dissipate five times the amount of heat than was possible with earlier tube designs. It offers a simpler, robust, value-driven option for powering X-ray imaging systems. The housing was designed to fit into a variety of OEM system configurations and is suitable for use in stationary radiography/fluoroscopy or fixed C-arm systems.
"Our tubes and panel products are optimized for use in digital imaging systems which are much more efficient and more environmentally friendly than systems that utilize film," Sanyal said. "With our digital imaging software, workstations, and wireless flat-panel detectors, we can help X-ray imaging equipment manufacturers in China build systems that serve a high volume of patients."
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, focuses energy on saving lives by equipping the world with advanced technology for fighting cancer and for X-ray imaging. The company is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiation. The company provides comprehensive solutions for radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is also a premier supplier of X-ray imaging components, including tubes, digital detectors, and image processing software and workstations for use in medical, scientific, and industrial settings, as well as for security and non-destructive testing. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 6,800 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 70 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
Press Contact Elaine Rebele Varian Medical Systems 801-978-5715 email@example.com
SOURCE Varian Medical Systems