NEW YORK, LONDON and MUMBAI, May 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Vaultize (www.vaultize.com), the leader in Enterprise File Sync & Share (EFSS), mobile collaboration and VPN-free anywhere access, today announced the availability of Digital Rights Management (DRM, aka Information Rights Management or IRM) fully integrated with its Virtual Data Room (VDR) offering.
"VDR provides a secure repository that enables the parties involved in a transaction to access confidential documents online in a secure environment. Due to the sensitive nature, it mandates stringent security and access requirements. Hence the traditional VDR solutions restrict the access to shared document only through web browsers making them accessible only when the user is online, creating friction for end-users. With the popularity of sync & share solutions, the end-users now expect the VDR documents to be available on any device and from anywhere - even while offline", said Ankur Panchbudhe, CTO & Co-founder of Vaultize. "Vaultize VDR combines best from both the worlds - security of VDR and consumer-like user experience of sync & share. It provides desktop sync to managed users such that they can sync the documents to device of their choice through a corporate authentication system (like Active Directory). And, it allows other parties to download the documents on their devices. The downloaded documents are DRM-encrypted using patent pending Micro-containerization technology such that the access rights travel along with the documents and those documents are only usable by the authorized recipients in compliance with DRM protection settings."
Vaultize is serving leading BFSI (banks, financial services and insurance), media, healthcare, manufacturing, automotive, education and governments worldwide to protect their sensitive data without compromising the end-user experience. Vaultize takes an information-centric (or document-centric) approach to information security by ensuring that corporate information and data always stays in control of IT. It allows end-users to securely create, access, edit, annotate and share documents irrespective of where they are (within as well as beyond the corporate fence) and independent of the device they use (laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet) - whether managed or unmanaged - just like any consumer solution. Hence, with Vaultize, productivity, efficiency, security and control go hand-in-hand.
Vaultize DRM allows the document owner (and the corporate IT) to control the use of shared documents and manage (and even revoke) the permissions to open, view, download, print, copy-paste, forward and edit those documents. In addition to the protection, the embedded DRM enables detailed tracking and auditing of shared files wherever they go - independent of location, device and user."
With Vaultize DRM, security and efficiency go hand-in-hand. Even with security features like document encryption based on DRM, end-users require no training to incorporate this data in their regular workflow. The security, control and tracking are transparent to the end-user but are powerful enough to ensure end-to-end security, zero data leakage and compliance. Combined with built-in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and now DRM capabilities, Vaultize platform helps enterprises embrace BYOD even in highly regulated and security-conscious verticals, including Fortune 500s.
Key features of Vaultize DRM are:
- Access rights - provides control over who can open, view, edit, print, copy-paste, forward and download the documents or the information contained in them
- Location control - provides control over geo-locations and IP ranges from where the recipient can access the data
- Expiration - Document owner can set automatic expiration on the DRM-protected data. The expiration parameter can also be controlled by corporate IT through DRM policies
- Password - Password can be mandated for every sharing through predefined corporate policies
- Revoking rights - IT can remotely revoke the permissions/rights for accessing the shared documents, even after they are downloaded by a recipient on his own device
- Protect Content on Mobile Devices - Based on the Mobile Content Management (MCM) policy, the documents shared within the organization can be restricted to view-only access on mobile devices (iOS and Android) or can be restricted to controlled editing using a built-in editor for MS office and PDF annotation by controlling the copy-paste, printing and moving to other mobile apps
- Protect email attachments - Vaultize Outlook Plug-in can be used to automatically replace email attachments with DRM-protected links. This replacement can be controlled by the IT using policies based on attachment size, recipient domains etc.
- DLP Connector (with data classification support) - Sensitive documents can be automatically DRM protected before being downloaded by scanning and classifying them through a DLP solution
- Secure Online Document Viewer - The viewing of shared documents by third-parties can be restricted to view-only access through a secure web-based online document viewer, with full IT control on printing, copy-paste and screenshots
- Digital Watermarking - With the online document viewer, watermarks (like logo or copyright texts) can be added to each page of the document to discourage printing, screen capture or photo capture. This watermarking has options for embedding text, image, email and IP address of share link recipient
- Watermarked downloads - Based on policy, downloads of shared files can be restricted to watermarked PDFs
- Auto updates - The documents can be kept (based on the option at the time of sharing) in sync such that they are auto updated whenever the sender makes changes to them
- File Types - The micro containerization technology used by Vaultize for DRM allows fine-grained control over MS Office, PDF and other type of documents
- Tracking - The usage of a file is completely tracked such that an audit trail of activities like opening, sharing, viewing, editing, forwarding and printing is maintained at the level of file, individual user and share link
Vaultize is an award-winning privately held company that provides enterprise file sharing, secure anywhere mobile access and mobile collaboration with DRM, MCM, DLP and endpoint backup. It has presence in 50+ countries - including the US, Europe, APAC and MENA, through network of resellers, distributors, system integrators and MSPs. A free virtual appliance with 10-user perpetual license is available for download.