FREMONT, Calif., Aug. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Vdopia, a global leader in mobile video advertising, today released its Q2 2015 Vdopia Mobile Insights (VMI) report, showing a 172% increase in ad spend from Q1 2015 to Q2 2015, on its programmatic mobile video platform, Chocolate. While the overall mobile video advertising market is growing rapidly, by comparison, the annual mobile ad spend, from 2014 to 2015, grew 79%.1
According to eMarketer, "in the US, spending on mobile video advertising will grow more than 70% to reach $2.62 billion in 2015—over one-third of the estimated $7.77 billion to be spent on digital video ads."2
Other notable data points from Vdopia's Q2 VMI include:
- Chocolate now serves more than 12 billion mobile video ad auctions, monthly, or a 110% increase from the previous quarter
- Broken out between mobile web and in-app, the increase in mobile video ad auctions was 97% and 195%, respectively, from the previous quarter
- Ad spend, broken out between mobile web and in-app, increased 127% and 417%, respectively, from the previous quarter
- Video completion rates increased from 58% to 62%, from the previous quarter
- The Chocolate platform saw the highest growth rate among CPG advertisers, at an increase of 3104% from the previous quarter
The entire Q2 VMI report can be accessed here.
"With Magna Global estimating that mobile video ad spend will increase 507% in the next four years3, we're certainly very bullish about our space," said Saurabh Bhatia, CEO, Vdopia. "We happen to be one of the leaders of the segment of the digital advertising market that is seeing the best growth – mobile video, and specifically programmatic."
Vdopia currently has 255 million unique mobile user (globally) and nearly 10,000 mobile sites and apps in its network.
Vdopia is a global programmatic buying and selling platform for mobile video advertising. Powered by patent-pending, .VDO technology, Vdopia's programmatic platform, Chocolate, is a brand safe, viewable and transparent platform for complete planning, buying and measurement of mobile video ad campaigns. Vdopia Inc. is a privately held, venture-backed company headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Fremont, CA, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, India, Singapore & Australia.
Scott Lahde (for Vdopia)