SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Veggie Grill, the leading fast-casual restaurant concept known for celebrating the vegetable in innovative ways, today announced the launch of the new mindful living menu. Each of the nine dishes is high in protein, nutrient dense, energy packed, flavor-full and is under 600 calories.
"Americans are looking to put more veggies on their plate without compromising taste and satiation," said Greg Dollarhyde, CEO of Veggie Grill. "Veggie Grill's mindful living menu offers delicious and hearty options that celebrate the vegetable while delivering protein and sound nutrition."
The holiday season is often stressful and a time when many focus on their friends and families and less on themselves. The mindful living menu allows guests to quickly and easily take care of themselves while enjoying a variety of dishes packed with flavorful vegetables, grains and nuts. The mindful living menu is available at all Veggie Grill locations and features nine high protein, low calorie dishes that are packed with craveable flavors in each bite:
- mindful mash-up – Field Roast sausage, supergrains, kale + white bean braise, fire-roasted carrots, roasted red pepper sauce. (568 calories, 35g protein)
- tres chickin' tacos + black beans – sauteed chickin', Mexican spices, cabbage, roasted corn salsa, white corn tortilla, side of seasoned black beans (550 calories, 29g protein)
- banh mi salad – organic tofu pressed and glazed, chargrilled eggplant, house-pickled carrots, white cabbage, fresh jalapenos, basil + cilantro, marinated kale (490 calories, 14g protein)
- chargrilled veggie + penne – trio of charred eggplant, red bell peppers and escarole, roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa + marinated kale bed, citrus vinaigrette, pepitas, penne pasta. served cold (518 calories, 10g protein)
- b.t.l.a. – smokey tempeh bacon, sliced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro pesto, tossed arugula, aioli mayo, grilled sourdough, choice of side (469 calories without sides, 13g protein)
- latin living bowl – fire-roasted carrots, seasoned black beans, avocado chunks, tomato corn salsa, jalapenos, red pepper sauce with supergrains (484 calories, 15g protein)
- ½ savory kale caesar with kale + white bean braise – marinated kale, romaine hearts, chopped tempeh bacon, chunky avocado, cucumber, croutons and veggie parmesan paired with a bowl of white beans, fresh kale, onions, tomato + veggie broth (561 calories, 16g protein)
- buffalo mini wrap + fresh little salad – buffalo chickin' tenders, lettuce, creamy ranch in a flour tortilla paired with fire-roasted carrots, cucumbers, shaved red beets, pepitas on romaine + arugula (442 calories, 16g protein)
- bombay bowl – herb-roasted veggies, supergrains, steamed kale, cannellini beans, cilantro/green curry sauce with coconut milk, almonds, hemp seeds (586 calories, 17g protein)
These new menu items are all under $10.00 and will join Veggie Grill's signature favorites such as the Quinoa Power Salad, Crispy Cauliflower, All Hail Kale Salad, and the ever-popular Sante Fe Crispy Chickin' Sandwich.
Since its inception in 2006, Veggie Grill has offered wholesome and tasty dishes with a variety of affordable menu options in a contemporary, fast-casual setting. Traditional hot sandwiches, burgers, bowls, plates, snacks + shares and entree salads are re-imagined so that vegetables shine brightly at the center of every plate.
For more information and the full menu, visit the website at www.veggiegrill.com/menu.html.
About Veggie Grill
Veggie Grill, headquartered in Santa Monica, California, is a premium fast-casual restaurant chain that celebrates the veggie by offering a variety of hot sandwiches and burgers, entree salads, bowls, home-style plates, shareable sides, organic teas and house made desserts prepared with wholesome vegetables, fruits, grains and nuts. Craft beer and wine are available in most locations as well as kid's meals. Veggie Grill is passionate about the vegetable, the fruit, the nut and the grain and serving them in delicious and innovative ways. Veggie Grill currently has 26 locations along the West Coast with additional locations opening soon. More information and the full menu are available online at www.veggiegrill.com.
JCUTLER media group
SOURCE Veggie Grill