DUBLIN, Aug. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Venous Thromboembolism Forecast In 24 Major Markets 2018-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is a disease in which thrombi or blood clots form in venous blood vessels and either remain at their site of origin or move with the blood flow until they reach a vessel with a diameter small enough to form an occlusion. Clots formed in the large limb or pelvic veins cause a clinical manifestation of VTE called deep vein thrombosis (DVT), while emboli (detached clot fragments) which move to and cause obstruction of pulmonary blood vessels cause a pulmonary embolism (PE). VTE is the third most common cardiovascular disease worldwide (after myocardial infarction and ischaemic stroke), with 2-5% of the global population affected throughout their lives.
This report provides the current prevalent population for VTE across 24 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Austria, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. The report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team, DVT and PE patient subsets, as well as those with the main co-morbidities, have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for VTE include:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Cardiovascular diseases
Reasons to buy
- Ability to quantify patient populations in global VTE market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of VTE and identification of patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Better understanding on the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the prevalent population of VTE patients.
- Identification of VTE patient sub-populations that require treatment.
- Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of VTE patients.
Key Topics Covered:
- List Of Tables And Figures
- Cause Of The Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis Of The Disease
- Variation By Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Key Comorbid Conditions / Features Associated With The Disease
- Methodology For Quantification Of Patient Numbers
- Top-Line Prevalence For Venous Thromboembolism
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Comorbidities Of Venous Thromboembolism Patients
- Abbreviations Used In The Report
- Other Publisher Services & Solutions
- Reports & Publications
- Online Epidemiology Databases
- Online Pharmaceutical Pricing Database
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2tlrlt/venous?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets