NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The day before Thanksgiving is notorious for being one of the busiest travel days of the year, with crowded airport terminals and crowded roads galore. This year, Verizon wants to help everyone get through the crazy travel day in good spirits. That's why they're turning the day before Thanksgiving into a new holiday called "Thanksgetting," and celebrating it with consumers 'getting' access to complimentary movies, music, e-books, Wi-Fi and more, keeping the 'are we there yet' questions to a minimum. And Verizon customers can 'get' an extra gig of data to enjoy all the digital world has to offer throughout the holiday season.
Verizon worked with a number of top partners to create Thanksgetting, which is centered around a suite of gifts that will help keep travel boredom at bay. Best of all, these digital gifts are available to anyone who visits vzw.com/thanksgetting between now and Wednesday, November 25, regardless of whether or not they're a Verizon customer.
Verizon is helping consumers ease holiday travel with:
- Movies, TV shows, music, e-books and apps from Amazon
- A $5 gift certificate to iTunes from Apple
- A 30-day Pandora One trial for new subscribers
- A $20 credit toward a ride on Thanksgetting Day (November 25) from Lyft
- Airport Wi-Fi from Boingo
- In-flight Wi-Fi from Gogo
- MyRewards+ points from Verizon Fios
There is something additional for Verizon customers: an extra gigabyte of data* that can be used now and another gigabyte for the next bill cycle to enjoy the Thanksgetting bounty throughout the holiday season.
To learn full details about all the Thanksgetting offers, visit vzw.com/thanksgetting between now and Wednesday, November 25.
* 1GB Data offer ("Promotional Data") can only be redeemed one time per account by VZW customers on a qualifying plan. Promotional Data will be added to your existing monthly data allowance, and applies to data usage after Promotional Data redemption date. Promotional Data will be shared by all lines on an account.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE,Nasdaq: VZ) employs a diverse workforce of 177,900 and generated more than $127 billion in 2014 revenues. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 110.8 million retail connections nationwide. Headquartered in New York, Verizon also provides communications and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.verizon.com/news/.
VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: Verizon news releases, executive speeches and biographies, media contacts and other information are available at Verizon's online News Center at www.verizon.com/news/. News releases are also available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.