Verizon Receives Highest Ratings Across all Use Cases in Gartner U.S. Wireless Telecom Report
23 Apr, 2015, 02:00 ET
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., April 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon received the highest product/service ratings in five out of five Use Cases in a new report from Gartner Inc., which evaluates the U.S. wireless market for medium and enterprise organizations. The report, "Critical Capabilities for Wireless Telecom Providers, U.S."¹ examines network service offerings to help decision makers identify providers that can best meet their needs, including for mobile voice services, short and enterprise messaging, WLAN and Wi-Fi data connectivity, hosted-mobile applications, international voice/data roaming, machine-to-machine mobile computing and satellite services.
"Mobility solutions and the Internet of Things will continue to gain prominence as organizations across many industries implement these technologies as part of their business strategies," said Thomas J. Fox, senior vice president of wireless enterprise sales for Verizon Enterprise Solutions. "When choosing a wireless network provider, organizations must consider a host of factors, such as network quality and coverage -- as identified in the report -- to remain competitive in today's digital economy."
Verizon's Mobile and IoT Capabilities for Enterprise and Mid-sized Organizations
Examples of Verizon's mobile capabilities include:
- Network Strength -- Verizon's expansive 4G LTE and XLTE wireless networks offer enterprise and mid-sized customers powerful, fast and reliable platforms for operating their businesses and keeping employees connected to customers, suppliers and partners.
- Mobile Device Management -- Verizon's Mobile Workforce Manager is a cloud-based multiservice platform that enables customers to manage access to business services and applications across both corporate- and employee-owned devices. In addition, customers preferring a premises-based offering can leverage Verizon's relationships with leading mobile device-management providers.
- Internet of Things -- Verizon and other solutions providers offer customizable IoT solutions -- leveraging the power of Verizon's intelligent networks, cloud and security platforms -- to meet the specific requirements of any industry or organization. Verizon's IoT-enabled business services include: asset tracking, conditioned-based monitoring, wireless backup for managed ATMs, mobile health, mobile retail, energy management, digital signage, car sharing, fleet management and other telematics capabilities.
- Mobility Consulting Services -- Verizon's Mobility Professional Services help customers design, build and implement robust mobile solutions, which help boost business productivity while maintaining security and cost management.
The report analyzes the following five Use Cases: Large Enterprise, Midsize Enterprise, Distributed Enterprise, Machine-to-Machine and Overall. Read "Critical Capabilities for Wireless Telecom Providers, U.S." for additional analysis of the U.S. wireless market.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions creates global connections that generate growth, drive business innovation and move society forward. With industry-specific solutions -- provided over the company's secure mobility, cloud, strategic networking and advanced communications platforms -- Verizon helps open new opportunities around the world for innovation, investment and business transformation. Visit www.verizonenterprise.com to learn more.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 108.6 million retail connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide. A Dow 30 company with more than $127 billion in 2014 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of 176,200. For more information, visit www.verizon.com/news/.
VERIZON ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS ONLINE NEWS CENTER: News releases, blog posts, media contacts and other information are available in Verizon Enterprise Solutions' online News Center at http://www.verizonenterprise.com/about/news. News from Verizon Enterprise Solutions is also available through an RSS feed at http://www.verizonenterprise.com/rss-options/.
1. Published by Gartner, Inc., March 31, 2015.
Share this article