BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced the LG Octane™ will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores tomorrow. Keeping customers up to date with their social networks has never been more convenient with the LG Octane's iconic form factor with full QWERTY keyboard and seamless integration of Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter™ via Social Beat.
- Sleek, dark brown outer case
- QWERTY keyboard
- Social Beat Widget – offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook, Twitter and MySpace plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
- microSD™ slot for up to 16 GB of memory
- Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset; hands-free; dial-up networking; object push for vCard and vCalendar; stereo; file transfer; phonebook access; basic printing; basic imaging; human interface; message access; and instant sharing of music, photos and videos
- Built-in music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features, as well as stereo sound via headset or Bluetooth
- Voice commands
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody®
- Favorites shortcut keys for quick access to up to 10 contacts with picture ID
- Customizable font type and size on internal and external LCD for dialing, menu and lists, and messages
- New Mobile E-Mail client 4.0
- Skype mobile™ capable
- Visual Voice Mail and HTML Web Browser
- 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder with flash that includes:
- Five different camera resolutions and two different video resolutions
- Zoom up to 2.98 times
- Intelligent shot for improved image quality
- Smile shot automatically takes a picture when a smile is detected
- Panorama for three guided, sequential shots
- Dual display activation for self portraits
- Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
- Customize brightness, white balance, shutter sounds, color effects and use a self-timer
- The LG Octane will be $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world's leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless