BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced the LG VL600™ will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Dec. 5. Ideal for business professionals on the go, the LG VL600 features high-speed 4G internet connectivity, a lightweight design with flip USB cover and sleek outer finish that makes traveling a streamlined, enjoyable experience. Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE will launch in 38 major metropolitan areas, covering more than one-third of all Americans -- 110 million people and in more than 60 commercial airports. Staying connected with the LG VL600 is not just a business tool, it's a business revolution.
- 4G LTE -- customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- 3G -- customers can expect download speeds of 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps and upload speeds of 500 to 800 Kbps in Mobile Broadband coverage area
- Supports Windows® XP 32-bit, Vista™ 32/64-bit (SP2) and Windows 7 32/64-bit
- 4-Color LED Service Status Indicator
- Dimensions: 3.88"(H) x 1.48"(W) x 0.58"(D)
- Weight: 1.76 oz
Pricing and availability:
- The LG VL600 will be $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a 4G Mobile Broadband Plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Customers can go to www.verizonwireless.com/4Glte to check if their addresses will be in the initial 4G LTE coverage area.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units -- Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world's leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless