BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., June 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Sizzle up your summer with the latest slider phone from Verizon Wireless and Pantech. Today, the companies announced the Pantech Jest™, a new feature phone by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, is available online today. Ideal for staying connected in style, this sassy slider allows customers to manage ringtones, wallpapers and games from personal networks.
- 2.6" 262K color TFT display
- Self Icon personalization to create icons and banners and display an electronic sign on your phone display
- Optical directional key with swipe motion technology
- Built-in 2.0-megapixel camera takes high-quality pictures and records video
- Text, picture, video and voice messaging
- Mobile IM and Chat for quick text conversations
- Social Beat pre-loaded for direct connections to Facebook®, MySpace® and Twitter™
- Media Center -- Download ringtones, wallpapers and games from your network to your phone
- VZ Navigator® for detailed maps in real time with audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest in the United States
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody® (subscription and PC downloads) digital music service. Download soundtracks and albums or sync playlists with a PC
- Mobile Web browsing capabilities for news, sports, weather and e-mail, providing access to up-to-date information when users subscribe to Internet service
- Stereo Bluetooth® technology for wireless connections between electronic devices; connects to Bluetooth-enabled headsets and hands-free systems
Pricing and availability:
- The Jest is available online at www.verizonwireless.com today for free through a special online promotion. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning July 5 for $69.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Pantech Group, through its affiliates -- Pantech Co., Ltd., Pantech & Curitel Communications, Inc. and Pantech C&I Co. -- is one of Korea's top three mobile handset makers. Pantech has received wide-ranging industry recognition for its innovative handset designs, and has also introduced a significant number of breakthrough technologies in the mobile phone industry. Established in 1991, Pantech collectively has approximately 2,500 employees and 8 regional sales offices worldwide. For more information on Pantech, please visit www.pantech.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless