BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and DALLAS, Aug. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced that the Samsung Gusto™ is available online today and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks. The sleek Samsung Gusto sports a 2-inch main display, multiple messaging options, Dynamic Voice Enhancement technology with noise suppression, mobile Web browser and Bluetooth® technology for hands-free communication.
Color: Metallic Gray
Key features and specifications:
- Slim form factor
- 2-inch internal screen
- Mobile Web browser to connect on the go
- Messaging options include text, picture and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
- VGA camera with night shot
- Bluetooth® technology to support headset, hands-free, serial port, object push for vCard and vCalendar and phonebook access
- Dynamic Voice Enhancement technology with noise suppression to reduce background noise levels and enhance speech frequencies
- Driving Mode – changes the handset volume automatically to high, overrides vibrate settings, and reads contact information aloud when a call or message is received
- Fake Call feature – lets customers set up a pseudo call with a timer to manage social situations
- Voice Commands – voice dial, send text, send picture, digit dial, text message readout, call announcement, My Verizon, check features, contacts, redial, GoTo, help and driving mode
- Personal Organizer and Tools – calendar, calculator with currency converter, world clock, alarm clock and stop watch
- Media Center-capable – access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Preloaded with Bing Search
- VZ Navigator® capable – receive audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
Price and availability:
- The Samsung Gusto is available online today at www.verizonwireless.com for free after an online discount with a new two-year customer agreement and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks for $19.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE,Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE,Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless