BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Feb. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As the global LTE ecosystem continues to expand, Verizon Wireless, the global LTE leader, will be at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, (Feb. 14-17, 2011) highlighting Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and other exciting new technologies and devices. Verizon Wireless made the world's first VoLTE call over a commercial network last week in New Jersey and will continue that momentum with IMS-based VoLTE calls over a demonstration network in its booth (Hall 8, stall 8C55) during the show.
Key Verizon Wireless leaders will speak during the show on topics ranging from Rich Communications Services (RCS) to the continued progress of the LTE ecosystem and the company's ongoing 4G LTE network rollout in the United States. The speakers include:
Monday, Feb. 14
- Lindsay Notwell, executive director of 4G strategy, speaking at LTE Deployment Challenges & Opportunities as part of RCR Wireless News Mobile Broadband: Innovation & Opportunity (2:00 p.m. in Hall 2, Sala D)
- Marjorie Hsu, vice president of product development, speaking at Mobile Broadband - An Update on HSPA+ and LTE (3:30 p.m. in GSMA Seminar Theatre, Hall 7)
- Lindsay Notwell, executive director of 4G strategy, speaking at North America Operator Plans as part of GSMA Rich Communications Suite/Solutions seminar (5:55 p.m. in GSMA Seminar Theatre, Hall 7)
Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Chris Neisinger, executive director of network, speaking at Network Breaking Point (4:00 p.m. in Hall 5, Room 6)
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Bill Stone, executive director of network, speaking at Regional Focus: Spotlight on the USA (2:00 p.m. in Hall 5, Room 6)
Thursday, Feb. 17
- Lindsay Notwell, executive director of 4G strategy, speaking at The Transformational Impacts of 4G LTE as part of Technology Evolution Conference Track (10:00 a.m. in Hall 5, Auditorium 2)
For more information about LTE, visit www.verizonwireless.com/LTE.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 94 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE,Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE,Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless