BURLINGTON, Mass. and SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 26 /PRNewswire/ --
August 30 – September 2, 2010
Moscone Center (San Francisco, CA)
While virtualization certainly solves one set of data center challenges, if not implemented, monitored and managed properly, it can create another -- increased power usage in concentrated areas of the data center that causes operational expenses to escalate and significantly hinders the ability to expand IT capacity to meet business demands. By measuring actual power consumption dynamically -- down to the IT device-level, and continuously monitoring IT equipment's utilization, Viridity EnergyCenter™ helps enterprise data centers optimize their energy improvements of their virtualized environments.
Visit the Viridity VMworld Booth 1319R to learn more about how Viridity's EnergyCenter software can enhance x86 server virtualization environments in the following areas:
- Virtualization Planning
- Identify consolidation candidates based on utilization and power consumption.
- Virtualization Design
- Increase density without creating power and cooling issues ("hot spots").
- Understand how "motion" (moving workloads from one server cluster to another) will impact utilization and consumption, to avoid outages or wasted capacity.
- Measuring Virtualization Results
- Benchmark your data center utilization and power consumption performance before and after virtualization deployments at the device, rack, row or data center level.
About Viridity Software
Based in Burlington, MA, Viridity Software is the leader in energy resource management (ERM) solutions that enable data center smart grids. Its EnergyCenter™ data center energy monitoring, measurement and management software provides customers with a cross functional solution for understanding the connection between physical infrastructure, IT equipment and applications. Once these connections are fully understood, actionable strategies are provided so that customers can run more efficient, less expensive, highly optimized, eco-friendly, sustainable data centers. For further information, please visit: www.viridity.com, call: 781-425-2060, or email: email@example.com.
Viridity Software and EnergyCenter are trademarks of Viridity Software, Inc. All other brands and products names in this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder.
SOURCE Viridity Software