CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Oct. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The growing demand from critical external stakeholders for outcomes and pricing data has pushed biopharmaceutical organizations to develop effective KOL engagement strategies for their field-based medical and field-based outcomes and pricing groups.
A recent Best Practices, LLC study found that three-fourths of the research participants have a separate field outcomes and pricing group in North America, whereas the remaining 25 percent have their field outcomes and pricing responsibilities rolled into field medical responsibilities. Among the participants having a separate outcomes group, 75 percent of the field outcomes group report to the medical function, and the remaining 25 percent report to the commercial function.
In particular, this study provides benchmarks around virtual HCP engagement; structure and leadership; and activity levels and product coverage.
The report, "Benchmarking Field Medical & Field Outcomes and Pricing KOL Engagement Strategies," identifies current industry trends and best practices for field-based medical and field-based outcomes and pricing teams in North America, Europe, APAC and Emerging Markets.
Topics addressed in this report include:
- In-Person vs. Virtual HCP Engagement
- Structure and Leadership of Field-Based Medical Teams vs. Field-Based Outcomes and Pricing Teams: Deployment and Reporting Relationships
- Activity Levels and Product Coverage
Best Practices, LLC engaged 17 leaders from 15 leading bio-pharmaceutical companies through a benchmarking survey instrument.
To access the full report or to download a complimentary summary containing insights found in this report, click on the following link: http://www.best-in-class.com/rr1468.htm.
For related research, visit the Best Practices, LLC Web site at www.best-in-class.com/.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis.
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC