SUWANEE, Ga. March 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Vision Airlines' Sensational Spring Break Seat Sale, featuring fantastic $59* Florida fares, ends Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 11:59 PM (ET).
The spring break sale concludes just six days before Vision Airlines' maiden voyage flights start taking-off on March 25 to six Florida destinations from 16 southern U.S. cities and the new Niagara Falls International Airport, New York. It is near Buffalo and Toronto, Canada.
"The $59 spring break seat sale began on February 21, 2011," says Vision Airlines' spokesman Bryan Glazer. "Due to customer demand for these discounted one-way fares, Vision Airlines added more specially-priced seats—ensuring first-time passengers an affordable and enjoyable experience."
The $59 fares are only available on non-stop Florida flights from March 25, 2011 through September 10, 2011, according to Glazer.
"The majority of Vision Airlines' $59 seats are on non-stop flights to and from Northwest Florida Regional Airport, located in the Destin-Fort Walton Beach area, also known as The Emerald Coast," says Glazer.
These specially-priced $59 seats are also available on non-stop flights from Louisville, KY to Fort Lauderdale, FL, according to Glazer.
"However, these one-way fares are not available on Vision Airlines' flights from our 17 focus departure cities to Miami, Punta Gorda/Fort Myers and Sanford/Orlando," says the company's Chief Operating Officer David Meers. "All of those flights stop at our hub at Northwest Florida Regional Airport before continuing to their final destinations."
Meers urges, "Consumers should understand that these specially-priced fares do not apply to what are known as direct or through flights to other Florida cities. Nonetheless, these are still fantastic fares, whether you are flying from out-of-state or within the state."
Vision Airlines' one-way fares, on most flights, average around $89* each way, according to Meers.
Spring Break 2011
Most American families with school-aged children take their spring break vacations in Florida starting in late March and early April.
While most colleges and universities are now wrapping-up spring break, many fraternities, sororities and other social organizations schedule spring beach weekend getaways in April and May, prior to final exams and graduation.
Florida's Emerald Coast
"Florida's Emerald Coast is America's number one domestic spring break destination," says Mark Bellinger, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Emerald Coast Convention and Visitors' Bureau.
The Emerald Coast stretches from Panama City, FL to Pensacola, FL.
"Northwest Florida Regional Airport is at the epicenter of the Emerald Coast," says Greg Donovan, Executive Director of Northwest Florida Regional Airport. "It is minutes from the sugary-white shores and clear emerald waters of Destin and Ft. Walton Beaches."
Donovan also points-out, "The airport is a 65 mile drive to Panama City Beach to the east and a 45 mile drive to Pensacola Beach to the west."
Vision Airlines is the nation's only big jet, low-cost carrier that provides non-stop flights to Florida's Emerald Coast, according to COO David Meers.
"Our airline is committed to helping revitalize the Emerald Coast tourism economy, which was damaged by last year's gulf coast oil spill," says Meers.
While there were some tar balls on the beaches, there were no offshore oil-slicks or petroleum-scented sea breezes, according to Donovan. "It wasn't pollution that crippled our local economy, it was the wave of negative publicity that warded-off tourists from visiting the gulf coast altogether."
The CVB's Bellinger adds, "The Destin-Fort Walton Beach area is one of the most popular seaside resorts along the U.S. gulf coast."
He says, "Each year, millions of people from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina drive to the Emerald Coast for spring break and summer vacation. Yet, less than 3 percent of our visitors fly here because airfares have traditionally been very expensive."
Conversely, this year, Bellinger forecasts significant increases in airport passenger traffic. "With the advent of Vision Airlines, this is the first time that we've been able to offer affordable, non-stop flights just in time for spring break."
Vision Airlines will also likely bolster the Emerald Coast's weekend tourist business, according to Bellinger. "People, who might not otherwise drive several hours to the Emerald Coast for two or three days on the beach can now fly here in about an hour for a price comparable to the cost of driving."
Vision Airlines Mega-Expansion
Vision Airlines currently operates twice daily service between Atlanta, GA and Louisville, KY.
The carrier also flies Fridays and Sundays between Niagara Falls International Airport, NY and Northwest Florida Regional Airport and Miami International Airport.
The company started flight service to and from these airports in December 2010.
Sixteen years ago, Vision Airlines began as a small tour operator with flights from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. It later grew to become one of the world's most-respected charter carriers. Its clients have included presidential candidates, entertainers, some of the world's best-known resorts and the federal government.
On January 18, 2011, Vision Airlines announced its mega-expansion into regularly-scheduled commercial passenger service and started selling seats on flights from some of the nation's most-seriously underserved southern U.S. cities to some of the most-desirable destinations in Florida.
Vision Airlines Cities
Starting on March 25, Vision Airlines begins flying to and from the following cities.
- Asheville, NC - Atlanta, GA - Baton Rouge, LA - Birmingham, AL - Chattanooga, TN
- Columbia, SC - Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, FL - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Greenville/Spartanburg, SC - Gulfport/Biloxi, MS - Houston, TX - Huntsville, AL
- Knoxville, TN - Little Rock, AR - Louisville, KY - Macon, GA - Miami, FL
- Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY/Toronto, Canada - Punta Gorda/Ft. Myers, FL
- Sanford/Orlando, FL - Savannah, GA - Shreveport, LA
- St. Petersburg/Clearwater/Tampa, FL
* All fares are per person, one-way and non-refundable. A $50 fee per person applies to any change or cancellation made after purchase of SAVER and ADVANTAGE fares, plus any applicable increase in fare. Fares do not include airport Passenger Facility Charges of up to $18, September 11th Security Fees of up to $10 and U.S. Segment Fee of $3.70 per passenger, per segment. A segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. A first bag may be checked for a fee of $15 each way and a second bag may be checked for a fee of $20 each way if purchased more than 24 hours prior to departure. A first bag may be checked for a fee of $20 each way and a second bag may be checked for a fee of $30 each way if purchased less than 24 hours prior to departure. All reservations must be completed by 11:59PM on March 19, 2011. Valid for travel on March 25th through September 10 for nonstop flights to/from VPS and to/from FLL. Fares are limited and may not be available on all flights and are subject to availability at the time of purchase. Fares, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice.
SOURCE Vision Airlines