SUWANEE, Ga., Feb. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Vision Airlines' Sensational Spring Break $59* Seat Sale to Florida starts today.
A limited number of specially-priced $59* fares are available on all non-stop flights between Florida and 16 southern U.S. departure cities and Niagara Falls, NY / Toronto, Canada.
Tickets are now on-sale at www.VisionAirlines.com or through the company's reservations center at 1-877-FLY-A-JET (1-877-359-2538).
The Spring Break Seat Sale ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, March 7, 2011.
A selected number of $59* seats are available on Florida flights that take-off between March 25, 2011 and September 10, 2011.
Spring Break 2011
Most American families with school-aged children take their spring break vacations in Florida starting in late March.
Most American colleges and universities are now on spring break through early April.
Many college fraternities and sororities schedule spring beach weekend retreats in Florida as a last fling prior to final exams and graduation.
"Florida's Emerald Coast stretches from Panama City, FL to Pensacola, FL. It is America's number one domestic spring break destination," according to Vision Airlines' spokesman Bryan Glazer. "Destin/Ft. Walton Beach is at the epicenter of the Emerald Coast."
Most Vision Airlines' non-stop flights, with $59* one-way seats, are to Northwest Florida Regional Airport, along the state's Emerald Coast, according to Glazer.
The airport is minutes from the sugary-white shores and clear emerald waters of Destin and Ft. Walton Beaches; and a 65 mile drive to Panama City Beach to the east and 45 mile drive to Pensacola Beach to the west.
"The $59* one-way fares are also available on flights from Louisville, KY to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida," says Glazer. "The $59* fare also applies to non-stop, intrastate flights from NW Florida Regional Airport to Miami International Airport; Sandford/Orlando International Airport; and Punta Gorda/Ft. Myers Airport."
Florida's Emerald Coast
Vision Airlines is the nation's only big jet, low-cost carrier that provides non-stop flights to Florida's Emerald Coast.
"Ours is the most popular seaside resort along the northwestern U.S. gulf coast," says Mark Bellinger, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Emerald Coast Convention and Visitors' Bureau.
"Each year, millions of people from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina drive to the Emerald Coast for spring break, summer vacation and during the winter 'snowbird season.' Yet, less than 3 percent of our visitors fly here because airfares have traditionally been outrageously expensive," says Bellinger.
Conversely, this year, Bellinger forecasts significant increases in airport passenger traffic, "With the advent of Vision Airlines, this is the first time that we've been able to offer affordable, non-stop flights just in time for spring break."
Bellinger adds, "Vision Airlines will also likely bolster our weekend tourist business."
He explains, "People, who might not otherwise drive several hours to the Emerald Coast for two or three days on the beach can now fly here in about an hour for a price comparable to the cost of driving."
$59* Fare on Non-Stop Flights Only
In most cases, Vision Airlines' flights to Florida stop at its hub at Northwest Florida Regional Airport before continuing onto other Sunshine State destinations, according to Chief Operating Officer David Meers.
He emphasizes, "Consumers should understand that these specially-priced fares do not apply to what are known as direct or through flights to other Florida cities. Nonetheless, these are still fantastic fares, whether you are flying from out-of-state or within the state."
"Typically, Vision Airlines' one-way fares range from as low as $39* to $199*. On average, most fares are around $89* each way," says Meers.
Vision Airlines Mega Expansion
Vision Airlines currently operates twice daily service between Atlanta, GA and Louisville, KY and weekend flights from Niagara Falls International Airport and Northwest Florida Regional Airport and Miami International.
The company started flight service to and from these airports in December 2010.
On January 18, 2011, Vision Airlines announced its mega-expansion into regularly-scheduled commercial passenger service and started selling seats on flights from some of the nation's most- seriously underserved southern U.S. cities to some of the most-desirable destinations in Florida
Vision Airlines Cities
Starting on March 25, the airline begins flying to and from the following cities.
- Asheville, NC - Atlanta, GA - Baton Rouge, LA - Birmingham, AL - Chattanooga, TN
- Columbia, SC - Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, FL - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Greenville/Spartanburg, SC - Gulfport/Biloxi, MS - Houston, TX - Huntsville, AL
- Knoxville, TN - Little Rock, AR - Louisville, KY - Macon, GA - Miami, FL
- Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY/Toronto, Canada - Punta Gorda/Ft. Myers, FL
- Sanford/Orlando, FL - Savannah, GA - Shreveport, LA
- St. Petersburg/Clearwater/Tampa, FL
* All fares are per person, one-way and non-refundable. A $50 fee per person applies to any change or cancellation made after purchase of SAVER and ADVANTAGE fares, plus any applicable increase in fare. Fares do not include airport Passenger Facility Charges of up to $18, September 11th Security Fees of up to $10 and U.S. Segment Fee of $3.70 per passenger, per segment. A segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. A first bag may be checked for a fee of $15 each way and a second bag may be checked for a fee of $20 each way if purchased more than 24 hours prior to departure. A first bag may be checked for a fee of $20 each way and a second bag may be checked for a fee of $30 each way if purchased less than 24 hours prior to departure. All reservations must be completed by 11:59PM on March 7, 2011. Valid for travel on March 25th through September 10 for nonstop flights to/from VPS and FLL. Fares are limited, may not be available on all flights and are subject to availability at the time of purchase. Fares, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice.
SOURCE Vision Airlines