SAN JOSE, Calif., May 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Vormetric, a leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual, big data, public, private and hybrid cloud environments, today announced that they have partnered with Adistec, a leading value added distributor (VAD) for Latin America and the Caribbean to bring Vormetric products to the region. Adistec, headquartered in Miami, Fla., has a strong presence in Latin America and the Caribbean and is expert in working with VARs and other resellers to bring IT security solutions to enterprises.
"Enterprises operating in Latin America and the Caribbean are facing both new laws requiring specific protections for sensitive data, and high levels of threats from hackers who want to steal that data," said Alan Kessler, CEO of Vormetric. "As a result, we're seeing rapidly growing demand for our data security solutions throughout the region. Adistec's experience, infrastructure and extensive network of resellers and VARs makes them the perfect partner to help us meet this growing demand for our solutions."
Adistec's team of specialized IT Security professionals will now sell, market and support the Vormetric Data Security Platform of products through their channel and reseller partners as well as with Adistec's cloud services and bundled solutions. Vormetric's Data Security Platform helps enterprises meet many compliance, IP, financial and data breach prevention requirements with a single infrastructure and management set for maximum cost efficiency with minimal resource requirements.
"Vormetric's Data Security Platform provides a very strong set of solutions for enterprises in need of data-at-rest security to protect their sensitive information, and is an excellent complement to our IT Security portfolio," said Jose Luis Sperman, CEO of Adistec. "We are already seeing strong interest in key markets throughout the region and believe that this announcement marks the start of a long and successful relationship."
Products available on the Vormetric Data Security Platform include:
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption – Protecting data-at-rest at the OS and file system level with the encryption, access control, data access audit logs and data access monitoring information
- Vormetric Application Encryption – Enables developers to easily build encryption for individual fields and columns that contain sensitive information into their applications
- Vormetric Tokenization with Dynamic Data masking – Helps organizations reduce the cost of PCI DSS and other compliance initiatives by removing sensitive data from production applications
- Vormetric Protection for Teradata Database – Secures sensitive data within the Teradata database and integrated Big Data Platform environments
- Vormetric Cloud Encryption – Enables enterprises to offer users and business units safe, secure access to cloud storage environments such as Amazon's AWS S3 and Box
- Vormetric Key Management – Secures and manages 3rd party encryption keys and digital certificates
"Adistec's deep experience with IT Security products, its service, education and support capabilities, as well as its expertise with cloud environments are all a great match for our offerings and needs in Latin America and the Caribbean," said Roman Baudrit, vice president of Latin America for Vormetric. "We look forward to accelerating the growth of our business with Adistec."
To learn more about Vormetric, visit http://www.vormetric.com.
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that protect data-at-rest across physical, big data and cloud environments. Vormetric helps over 1500 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 30, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters – their sensitive data – from both internal and external threats. The company's scalable Vormetric Data Security Platform protects any file, any database and any application's data —anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading solution set. For more information, please visit: www.vormetric.com.
Adistec is a leader in Value Added Distribution in Latin America. Established in 2002, Adistec delivers IT Solutions Exclusively through Reseller Partners. With a team of specialized professionals in each area of IT solutions, this organization provides its associate channel the best comprehensive portfolio of products and business support, from business and technical training to organization and sponsoring of demand promoting activities. Adistec, along with its VARs and members in Latin America and The Caribbean, plan and implement activities focused on market development in the region.