ROCHESTER, N.Y., July 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Vuzix® Corporation (NASDAQ: VUZI), ("Vuzix" or, the "Company"), a leading supplier of Smart Glasses, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) technologies and products for the consumer and enterprise markets, is pleased to announce that the company has released a major OS upgrade for the M300 Smart Glasses along with a new SDK for registered Vuzix developers.
The OS 1.2 software update delivers new features as well as improves and optimizes several out of the box feature sets and applications for the M300 Smart Glasses, including:
- A new enterprise grade built-in barcode scanning application from Manatee Works.
- The release of Sensory's TrulyHandsfree™ voice control allowing users to easily navigate the M300 hands-free via voice command.
- Dual audio paths that allow for concurrent use of the voice recognition engine while simultaneously streaming or recording audio.
- Enabled dual microphone noise cancellation capabilities, which optimize the performance of voice recognition and audio recording in noisy environments.
- Optimized the M300's power management and sleep mode functionality.
- Enhanced the camera sub systems enabling more advanced modes and improved video streaming performance.
- Streamlined procedures for wireless screen casting via Miracast from the M300.
- Improved Wi-Fi network connectivity and authentication via a standard Android keyboard or the new built in QR code and the bar code scanner application.
- The new OS is available now for download via Over the Air (OTA) system update along with an updated M300 FAQ section (https://www.vuzix.com/support).
In addition to the OS 1.2 firmware update, Vuzix just released the M300 SDK version 1.0 replacing the prior Alpha SDK. This new SDK combined with the standard Android SDK gives developers access to barcode scanning, camera, sensors, Bluetooth, file database, google cloud messaging, maps, and tools to more easily build the features into developer applications. Interested developers can register on the Vuzix website through the following link: https://www.vuzix.com/Developers.
"The OS 1.2 firmware update and release of the M300 SDK 1.0 are important M300 product advancements", said Paul Travers, President and Chief Executive Officer at Vuzix. "We are thankful for our team of VIPs and their patient and dedicated support to help make the M300 a success."
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix is a leading supplier of Smart-Glasses, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) technologies and products for the consumer and enterprise markets. The Company's products include personal display and wearable computing devices that offer users a portable high quality viewing experience, provide solutions for mobility, wearable displays and virtual and augmented reality. Vuzix holds 51 patents and 39 additional patents pending and numerous IP licenses in the Video Eyewear field. The Company has won Consumer Electronics Show (or CES) awards for innovation for the years 2005 to 2017 and several wireless technology innovation awards among others. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a public company (NASDAQ: VUZI) with offices in Rochester, NY, Oxford, UK and Tokyo, Japan.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclaimer
Certain statements contained in this news release are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. Forward looking statements contained in this release relate to the new OS 1.2 and SDK software releases, as well as the Company's leadership in the Video Eyewear, VR and AR display industry. They are generally identified by words such as "believes," "may," "expects," "anticipates," "should" and similar expressions. Readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which are based upon the Company's beliefs and assumptions as of the date of this release. The Company's actual results could differ materially due to risk factors and other items described in more detail in the "Risk Factors" section of the Company's Annual Reports and MD&A filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and applicable Canadian securities regulators (copies of which may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov). Subsequent events and developments may cause these forward-looking statements to change. The Company specifically disclaims any obligation or intention to update or revise these forward-looking statements as a result of changed events or circumstances that occur after the date of this release, except as required by applicable law.
Media and Investor Relations Contact:
Matt Margolis, Director of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, Vuzix Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (585) 359-5952
Andrew Haag, Managing Partner, IRTH Communications
email@example.com Tel: (866) 976-4784
For further sales, and product information, please visit:
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vuzix-releases-m300-os-12-firmware-update-and-sdk-10-for-registered-developers-300487922.html
SOURCE Vuzix Corporation