LOS ANGELES, Jan. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo and Digital Media Wire today announced Thomas Gewecke, Warner Bros. Chief Digital Officer and Executive Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, will headline the final day of the Digital Entertainment World (DEW) conference February 10-12, 2015, at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
Gewecke joins a number of the entertainment industry's top studio executives – including Sony Pictures Television's Steve Mosko, Maker Studios' Ynon Kreiz and Vice Media's Eddy Moretti – to lead discussions on the digital landscape of the global entertainment business and the opportunities to monetize content.
Gewecke was named Chief Digital Officer and Executive Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, Warner Bros. Entertainment, in May 2013. In this position, he is responsible for driving the Studio's worldwide digital growth and managing its global business strategy. Gewecke is charged with coordinating the company's various digital distribution strategies to maximize the value of Warner Bros.' content across all current and emerging digital exhibition platforms. He also oversees Warner Bros. Technical Operations and Corporate Business Development as well as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's Direct-to-Consumer, Business Development and Flixster groups. To see Gewecke's complete biography, click here.
"With his depth and breadth of experience, and the entertainment and media worlds now so intensely focused on every aspect of the digital landscape, Thomas is ideally suited to lend his unique perspective on the future of the entertainment and media business " said IDG World Expo Chief Executive Officer Mary Dolaher. "Thomas' involvement -- joining the hundreds of other studio and media executives taking part in DEW -- reflects the important place that the DEW conference and marketplace holds among industry events where entertainment and media leaders meet with technology leaders to form the partnerships needed to monetize content today."
DEW includes over 100 sessions and 300 speakers on topics essential to the future of video, television, movies, music, brands, gaming and digital apps. Here are some of the featured presenters on the agenda:
- Ira Rubenstein, PBS Digital Senior VP and General Manager, on his strategic approach to evolve PBS content across traditional and digital platforms
- Jeanie Han, LINE CEO of Euro-Americas, will give a presentation during the Brands/Advertising track
- Tamara Conniff, RocNation EVP Business Affairs, will lead a discussion on opportunities for indie songwriters and producers in the digital age
- Steve Comstock, CBS Interactive's SVP and CIO, in a fireside chat with Patricia Arundel, Head of Media & High Tech, Google for Work
- Oren Boiman, Magisto CEO & Co-Founder and Chris DeWolfe, SGN's CEO join a View from the Top session on "Interactive Technologies"
- Meredith Valiando Rojas, DigiTour Media LLC Co-Founder & CEO, speaks on the growing popularity of YouTube and Viners among Generation Z audiences
- Allison Stern, Enterprise Tubular Labs Co-Founder and Vice President, will focus on how content creators and brands engage and build audiences through online video.
- Dustin Hinz, Guitar Center VP of Brand Experience, Entertainment Marketing & Media Production, will explore how major brands can serve as content creators
- Nanea Reeves, TextPlus, Inc. President & COO, will discuss the rise of OTT communication as the new content discovery engine across mobile platforms
Digital Entertainment World, a unique event focused on monetizing digital content, is the must attend B2B event and marketplace for global media and technology executives who want to evaluate the digital media landscape. This three-day event brings together leading industry executives from video, music, games and publishing -- the entire digital content ecosystem. DEW is the place where content creators and owners, enabling technology providers, digital distributors and device manufacturers will connect to create the infrastructure and technology partnerships necessary to monetize digital content. For more information, please visit www.dewexpo.com.
DEW is a joint venture between IDG World Expo, an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events, including Macworld/iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), and The Game Marketing Summit, and Digital Media Wire, a media and marketing consultancy and event producer with leading events including DMW Week NYC, NY Games Conference, Future of Television, Digital Music Forum and LA Games Conference.
For information on limited sponsorship opportunities, please contact Giovanni Stein at IDG World Expo. If you are interested in speaking at the event, please visit http://www.dewexpo.com/2015-speaker-submission-form/ .
The Lippin Group
323.965.1990 ext. 327
The Lippin Group
323.965.1990 ext. 339
The Lippin Group
SOURCE IDG World Expo