RALEIGH, N.C., Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- WebAssign, a leading provider of online instructional tools for faculty and students, today announced the addition of seven new titles now supported by WebAssign. This latest content offering represents partnerships with the Mathematical Association of America and major publishers such as Cengage Learning, Jones and Bartlett and OpenStax College. The majority of the new question content is supplemented with eBooks and student support features such as tutorials and videos.
"Through our strong relationship with a wide range of content providers, teachers and students benefit from our enriched online learning environment that fully complements the classroom teaching experience," said Jennifer Ferralli, WebAssign mathematics product manager. "As a benefit corporation dedicated to education, we are pleased to provide professors with a selection of more than 450 mathematics textbooks supported by WebAssign."
Sample assignments are now available for these newest titles, which span multiple mathematics disciplines such as prealgebra, applied college algebra, calculus and economics. Featured titles from this new collection include:
- Journey to Math Literacy 1st edition by Richard N. Aufmann
- Principles of Macroeconomics by OpenStax College
- Prealgebra by OpenStax College
- Functions, Data, and Models: An Applied Approach to College Algebra 1st edition by Sheldon P. Gordon and Florence S. Gordon
- Precalculus with Calculus Previews 6th edition by Dennis Zill and Jacqueline Dewar
- Calculus for the Life Sciences: A Modeling Approach 1st edition by James L. Cornette and Ralph A. Ackerman
- Mathematical Interest Theory 2nd edition by Leslie Jane Federer Vaaler and James Daniel
Browse WebAssign's textbook collection to view a complete list of new titles. The WebAssign team will also showcase this new textbook offering at the 41st Annual AMATYC Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana from November 19-21, 2015. Visit WebAssign at booth 301.
WebAssign is a flexible and fully customizable online instructional system that puts powerful tools in the hands of teachers, enabling them to deploy assignments, instantly assess individual student performance, and realize their teaching goals.
More than eight million students have used WebAssign to submit over one billion answers to homework assignments, tests, and assessments.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, WebAssign is an independent, employee-owned benefit company dedicated to education technology. For more information, visit www.webassign.com.
Kristi Lee-John, Crossroads PR & Marketing, for WebAssign
Senior Marketing Communications Manager