REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tactile, the company on a mission to make the world a happier place to work, today announced that renowned technology industry veteran Subrah Iyar has been named Board Observer and Strategic Advisor to its Board of Directors. Iyar was the co-founder and CEO of WebEx and led the company to its $3.2 billion acquisition by Cisco Systems in 2007. Tactile also announced that Iyar has made an undisclosed investment in the company to help fuel its growth and product development. Iyar joins existing investors Accel Partners and Redpoint Ventures.
Earlier this year, Tactile launched the commercial version of its award-winning product Tact, a mobile productivity suite designed to help salespeople be more effective anywhere - regardless of wireless coverage - and to help companies get more value from their CRM investments.
Comments on the News
- "Subrah not only created a category-defining company and an iconic brand with WebEx, but he was one of the original architects of the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model," said Chuck Ganapathi, Founder and CEO of Tactile. "We are extremely fortunate to have him join our Board."
- "In the last 15 years, the Cloud platform enabled our industry to reimagine everything from collaboration to CRM," said Subrah Iyar. "The next 15 years will offer us an even bigger opportunity to innovate on the emerging Mobile platform. I'm thrilled to be working with Chuck and his team as they harness the full power of Mobile to empower salespeople in their daily work lives."
Tactile's mobile-first approach to sales productivity is resulting in industry recognition, enterprise customer wins and the expansion of the Tact mobile sales productivity suite. Recent momentum includes:
- Customer wins at The AES Corporation, BlueLine Rental, Auto Financial Group, Cork Supply, SmartRecruiters and others that have selected Tact since its release in February 2015, as well as thousands of salespeople who have downloaded Tact from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
- Breakthrough new mobile apps announced this September - Tact Hello, Tact Peek and Tact Go - that empower salespeople to achieve significantly higher levels of productivity while on the road, using the unique power of mobile devices.
- Winning "Best New Enterprise Product of the Year" in the Best in Biz Awards 2015 International.
- Winning the Gold Stevie Award for "Best New Relationship Management Solution in the 2015 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service.
- The launch of Tact Enterprise Manager on the Salesforce AppExchange, empowering businesses to connect with customers, partners and employees in a whole new way.
Led by former Salesforce and Siebel executive Chuck Ganapathi, Tactile is on a mission to make the world a happier place to work, by creating tools that empower individuals and enrich companies. Tactile's flagship product Tact, the world's first mobile sales productivity suite, is designed to help salespeople be more effective on the road and accelerate CRM adoption. It combines Salesforce CRM and the tools salespeople use everyday -- maps, email, calendar, phone and more -- into one mobile suite. Tact is powered by the company's patent-pending offline sync platform, allowing salespeople to work anywhere, regardless of wireless coverage. Founded in 2012 and based in Redwood City, Calif., Tactile is a privately-held company, backed by Accel Partners and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit tactile.com.