BROOMFIELD, Colo., Dec. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity® company, announced 11 percent year-over-year annual recurring revenue (ARR) growth for the first quarter of its 2019 fiscal year, ending on September 30, 2018. This marks the nineteenth consecutive quarter of double-digit, year-over-year company growth for Webroot, which protects more than 300,000 businesses worldwide.
Webroot's business segment ARR grew by 22 percent, more than double International Data Corporation's (IDC) compound annual growth rate of 9.9 percent for security spending by businesses for the 2017-2022 forecast period.
Webroot's consumer segment ARR grew five percent, exceeding the 4.1 percent CAGR 2017-2022 growth of worldwide security spending in the consumer security software segment, according to Gartner's Forecast: Information Security, Worldwide, 2016-2022, 3Q18 Update report published November 2018 and authored by Rustam Malik et al.
Key Q1 2019 Highlights:
- Webroot now serves more than 13,300 managed service providers (MSPs) globally, up from 10,200 MSPs at the end of its first quarter in 2018.
- Over the past quarter, Webroot added a dozen new BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services (BCTI) technology alliance partners, protecting customers' networks and end users from malicious URLs, IPs, files, and mobile apps.
- Webroot announced a new integration with BrightGauge, the leading business intelligence platform for MSPs. This industry-first partnership integrates Webroot's real-time cybersecurity data into custom dashboards and reports through the BrightGauge platform for better business insights.
- Webroot also announced two new Webroot BCTI partnerships with Zerum, a security and operations data science company, and Digital Shadows, a leading digital risk management and relevant threat intelligence company. Webroot's real-time and highly accurate threat intelligence enables customers to proactively protect against the latest in online threats, managing their digital risk.
- Webroot unveiled the results of a new report – The 2018 Webroot SMB Pulse Report – which found that across 500 small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in the U.S., phishing scams were the top cybersecurity threat. While many SMBs still don't fully recognize the broad spectrum of threats they face, they see an opportunity for user awareness training to reduce the risk from cyber threats.
- CRN named Webroot President and CEO Mike Potts to its 2018 list of Top 100 Executives. The annual list highlights the top CEOs and leaders in technology who have played an integral role in shaping today's IT channel.
Mike Potts, CEO of Webroot
"With 19 consecutive quarters of double-digit growth under our belts, it truly is an exciting time to be at Webroot. Our network of MSPs serving small- and medium-sized businesses continues to grow at record rates because Webroot is laser-focused on what this market needs to combat the ever-growing risk of threats: cybersecurity that is comprehensive, effective, and simple to deploy and manage."
Webroot was the first to harness the cloud and artificial intelligence to protect businesses and individuals against cyber threats. We provide the number one security solution for managed service providers and small businesses, who rely on Webroot for endpoint protection, network protection, and security awareness training. Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services are used by market leading companies like Cisco, F5 Networks, Citrix, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks, A10 Networks, and more. Leveraging the power of machine learning to protect millions of businesses and individuals, Webroot secures the connected world. Headquartered in Colorado, Webroot operates globally across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover Smarter Cybersecurity® solutions at webroot.com.
©2018 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Webroot BrightCloud, BrightCloud, and Smarter Cybersecurity are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.