SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), the official Wi-Fi Provider of the National Football League (NFL), today announced year-over-year Wi-Fi usage metrics from a sample of its NFL customers. As the Official Wi-Fi Provider of the NFL, Extreme has delivered high-density Wi-Fi solutions to 10 NFL teams and insightful Wi-Fi analytics to an additional 12 NFL teams, including the previous four Super Bowls. Over the past year, Extreme's solutions have positively impacted fan engagement and enabled an enhanced game day experience at several NFL stadiums, including Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium, Seattle's CenturyLink Field, New England's Gillette Stadium and Buffalo's New Era Field.
By optimizing the game day experience for fans through improved Wi-Fi coverage, reliability and speed, NFL teams deploying Extreme solutions are enhancing their game day operations and improving network visibility. ExtremeWireless™ offers greater Wi-Fi bandwidth and performance, encouraging fans to engage with the game on social media and via the teams' mobile applications. Meanwhile, ExtremeAnalytics™ and ExtremeManagement™ work in tandem to track Wi-Fi usage to provide administrators with insights into fans' interests and enable them to further personalize the game day experience.
In addition to improved Wi-Fi metrics at M&T Bank Stadium, CenturyLink Field, Gillette Stadium and New Era Field, overall Wi-Fi service at NFL stadiums has improved by five percent from 2015 to 2016, according to the NFL's Voice of the Fan Survey. This survey also found that since the NFL's Wi-Fi standard was implemented in 2012, overall technology satisfaction has improved by 15 percent.
- Baltimore Ravens' M&T Bank Stadium – Based on data from six games during the 2015 season, 41.8 percent of attendees connected to the Wi-Fi on average. During the 2016 season, that number rose significantly to 56.1 percent of attendees. Additionally, from 2015 to 2016, the number of concurrent Wi-Fi users also increased by 30 percent.
- Seattle Seahawks' CenturyLink Field – After deploying ExtremeWireless in 2014, the Seahawks were able to provide fans with additional services such as in-seat food ordering, live video streaming via the team's mobile application, and improved communication with their fans on game days. Additionally, from 2015 to 2016, the number of unique Wi-Fi users rose 21 percent, concurrent Wi-Fi users rose 32 percent and the peak throughput rose a drastic 115 percent.
- New England Patriots' Gillette Stadium – Fan engagement at Gillette Stadium has been increasing steadily since the Patriots first deployed Wi-Fi in 2012. From 2015 to 2016, the number of unique and concurrent Wi-Fi users rose by an impressive 78 percent and 56 percent, respectively. Data volume also increased by 42 percent while peak throughput rose by a staggering 265 percent. If these numbers were not impressive enough, the 2017 season at Gillette Stadium kicked off with the highest recorded Wi-Fi usage during a regular season game, and overall one of the most engaged regular season games the NFL has seen.
- Buffalo Bills' New Era Field – Looking back on the 2016 season, of the 42,118 unique fans connected to Wi-Fi last season, the Bills were able to add 30,771 users' emails to its user database, further supporting its mission for increased fan engagement both at home games and outside of them. As of week one during the 2017 NFL season, 33,972 unique devices were connected to the Wi-Fi, over half of the fans in attendance at the game. This same week, the Bills also secured an impressive new record: 3.35 TB of data throughput.
John Brams, Director, Hospitality, Sports and Entertainment, Extreme Networks, Inc.
"The increase in fan engagement across Extreme Networks' stadiums is a testament to how our wired and wireless technology positively impacts the game day experience for fans and the bottom line for customers," said John Brams, director of sports and entertainment at Extreme Networks. "Our wireless and analytics have been proven to enhance the in-stadium experience – from instant replays to shorter lines to Game Day app usage. With fans' Wi-Fi adoption on the rise, we're dedicated to a continued partnership with the NFL and each individual club so that together we can drive the next wave of technology in the League."
Roy Sommerhof, Vice President of Stadium Operations, Baltimore Ravens
"We continually look for avenues to enrich the game day atmosphere at M&T Bank Stadium. Partnering with Extreme Networks brings an added dimension for our fans while attending an already thrilling event. During the 2016 season, the Ravens were ranked #5 in the NFL for fans' satisfaction with its technology, largely in part to Extreme's Wi-Fi solutions. Connecting our fans with Extreme's Wi-Fi will help us to continue to produce the NFL's best in-stadium experience."
Chip Suttles, Vice President of Technology, Seattle Seahawks
"Based on feedback from our fans, we identify areas of opportunity to enhance the game day experience at CenturyLink Field each season. For example, our fans asked for a premier Wi-Fi experience and we were able to provide it with the ExtremeWireless solution. With reliable service and open communication between our IT staff and the Extreme Networks support team, Extreme has enabled us to see continued Wi-Fi growth and utilization by our fans, which has improved fan satisfaction."
Fred Kirsch, Vice President of Content, New England Patriots
"Our partnership with Extreme Networks has resulted in continual fan engagement improvements at Gillette Stadium. By utilizing Extreme's solutions and unparalleled support, we have increased visibility into our network, which has eased the burden of managing the network for our IT staff. Additionally, through the high-density Wi-Fi Extreme provides for the stadium, fans are able to gain access to exclusive content and engage across social media platforms."
Dave Wheat, Chief Administrative Officer, Buffalo Bills
"Engaging fans is a business imperative for the Bills and through Extreme Networks' wireless solutions, we have been able to do so each year. The amount of data passing over the network has increased drastically, and Extreme's solutions have easily scaled to meet this need. With quality Wi-Fi and support from Extreme, we're able to continue increasing fan engagement both during games and after them."
- ExtremeWireless Product Page
- ExtremeSwitching Product Page
- ExtremeControl Product Page
- Extreme Analytics Product Page
- ExtremeManagement Product Page
- Extreme's work with the Baltimore Ravens
- Extreme's work with the Seattle Seahawks
- Extreme's work with the New England Patriots
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Forward Looking Statements
Except for the historical information contained herein, the statements in this release, including those concerning Extreme's partnership with the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills and the National Football League (NFL), its business outlook, acquisitions, future financial and operating results, and overall future prospects are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: Extreme's ability to successfully close on and integrate the Brocade networking business into the current Extreme business; failure to achieve targeted revenues and forecasted demand from end customers; a highly competitive business environment for network switching equipment; the possibility that Extreme might experience delays in the development or introduction of new technology and products; customer response to Extreme's new technology and products; and a dependency on third parties for certain components and for the manufacturing of Extreme products.
More information about potential factors that could affect Extreme's business and financial results is included in Extreme's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors." Except as required under the U.S. federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Extreme Networks disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, developments, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to data center, on premise or through the cloud, we go to extreme measures for our customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, government, healthcare and manufacturing. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, ExtremeWireless, ExtremeManagement, ExtremeAnalytics, and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.