SEATTLE, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Windstar Cruises is featuring a Sail & Stay promotion on all Northern Europe voyages, with 2-for-1 cruise fare, plus two free hotel nights. From the glittering styles and vibrant harbors of Scandinavia's capital cities, to the hidden coves and rolling hills of Northern Europe's beautiful islands and quaint villages, guests can discover the fjords of the Baltics and the castles of Ireland, starting at $2,999, based on double occupancy, when booked by December 29th, 2012.
Featuring four brand-new Northern Europe voyages in 2013, Wind Surf, fresh from a stem-to-stern renovation, will sail the following voyages featured in the Sail & Stay promotion:
- Europe's West Coast Odyssey – explore the dramatic coastline between Lisbon, Portugal to London, England, with soaring chalk-white cliffs, sweeping white sand beaches, and the towering turrets of Mont. St. Michel. On this eight-day cruise guests can experience the scenic wonders of Normandy and the natural beauty of Brittany with stops at Vigo, Spain; A Coruna, Spain; Brest, France; Saint-Malo, France; and Cherbourg, France.
- Idyllic British Isles – visit England's most charming counties, Devon and Cornwall, as well as the best of Wales and Ireland on this voyage from London, England to Dublin, Ireland. With seven days to explore the silvery beaches of Southsea to the relaxation of the Isles of Scilly, Wind Surf will stop at Dartmouth, England; Falmouth, England; Isles of Scilly, England; Pembroke, Wales; Waterford, Ireland; and Holyhead, Wales.
- Gaelic Explorers – from the castles of Edinburgh, Scotland to the pubs of Dublin, Ireland, guests can journey through the hills and highlands on this seven-day sailing. In the land of good scotch and great golf, guests will visit Peterhead, Scotland; Invergordon, Scotland; Stromness, Scotland; Portrush, Ireland; and Isle of Man, United Kingdom. This voyage, as part of Windstar's Signature Sailings, offers an exclusive golf and land tour add-on package, Legendary Links, where guests can play five world-famous courses across Scotland and Ireland.
- Best of the Baltic – witness the convergence of Baltic history, traditional culture, and modern architecture, capped by an overnight in St. Petersburg, Russia on this eight-day voyage from Stockholm, Sweden. With visits to four magical countries, this voyage stops at Mariehamn, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Tallinn, Estonia; and Sandhamn, Sweden.
- Scandinavian Tapestry – experience the gentle beauty, intriguing culture and beguiling city life of modern Scandinavia. This eleven-day voyage that starts in Edinburgh, Scotland and ends in Stockholm, Sweden visits some of Northern Europe's most stunning cities including Kristiansand, Norway and the Norwegian Fjords; Oslo, Norway; Marstrand, Sweden; Copenhagen, Denmark; Warnemunde, Germany; Visby, Sweden; and Sandhamn, Sweden.
The Northern Europe voyages feature a variety of new shore excursions in 2013. For those looking for an epicurean adventure, there's plenty to taste from a truffle making workshop in Tallinn, Estonia to traditional afternoon tea at Caerhays Castle in Falmouth, England. Guests can experience once-in-a-lifetime adventures such as kayaking in the Aland Archipelago in Mariehamn, Finland or racing the Isle of Man TT Course in a specially designed three-seater trike.
To book a sailing now, contact a travel professional or call Windstar Cruises at 800-258-7245.
About Windstar Cruises
Windstar Cruises operates three sailing yachts known for their pampering without pretense and the ability to visit hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world's most treasured destinations. Carrying just 148 to 310 guests, the luxurious yachts of Windstar cruise to nearly 50 nations, calling at 100 ports throughout Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas. For more information including rates and itineraries, contact a travel professional or call Windstar at 800-258-7245. Visit Windstar Cruises online at WindstarCruises.com. Windstar Cruises can also be followed on Windstar's Facebook and Twitter fan pages.
SOURCE Windstar Cruises