SEATTLE, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Windstar Cruises, which operates a three-ship fleet of luxury yachts that explore hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world's most treasured destinations, features three diverse itineraries and forty-two shore excursions in the enchanting Caribbean for 2012.
Windstar's 2012 Caribbean Voyages:
- Flavors of the Caribbean: Set sail to a unique collection of islands highlighting diverse countries, styles, landscapes and cultures of the Caribbean. Seven-day sailings on Wind Surf roundtrip from Philipsburg, St. Maarten visit Le Marin, Martinique; Pigeon Island, St. Lucia; Roseau, Dominica; Falmouth Harbour, Antigua; and Gustavia, St. Barts. Departures: December 31, 2011; January 14, 28; February 11, 25; and March 10, 24, 2012. Cruise fares starting from $2,299 per person, double occupancy.
- Yachtsman's Caribbean: Experience the glitter and glam of the Caribbean's yachting scene with overnights in Jost van Dyke and Virgin Gorda. Seven-day sailings on Wind Surf roundtrip from Philipsburg, St. Maarten visit Soper's Hole, Tortola; Jost van Dyke, B.V.I.; Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Les Saintes, Guadeloupe; and Gustavia, St. Barts. Departures: December 24, 2011; January 7; February 4, 18; and March 3, 17, 2012. Cruise fares starting from $2,299 per person, double occupancy.
- Jewels of the Windward Islands: Sail the unspoiled islands of the Southern Grenadines highlighted by visits to St. Lucia and St. Vincent and overnight in the beautiful Tobago Keys. Seven-day sailings on Wind Spirit roundtrip from Bridgetown, Barbados visit Pigeon Island, St. Lucia; Bequia, The Grenadines; Tobago Keys, The Grenadines; Mayreau, The Grenadines; and St. George's, Grenada. Departures: December 31, 2011; January 7, 14, 21, 28; February 4, 11, 18, 25; and March 10, 17, 2012. Cruise fares starting from $2,399 per person, double occupancy.
Highlights of Windstar's 2012 Caribbean Shore Excursions:
- Basseterre, St. Kitts: St. Kitts Scenic Railway – Circle St. Kitts from a double-decker railcar enjoying panoramic views of the island, informative narrative history and island music.
- Bequia, St. Vincent, Grenadines: Magical Mustique at Leisure – Enjoy a rare opportunity to visit exclusive Mustique, a favorite island getaway of movie stars and royalty.
- Gustavia, St. Barts: Sailing Catamaran Snorkeling Adventure – Sail on a catamaran along the beautiful west coast of St. Barts before snorkeling at Colombier Bay's Marine Park.
- Les Saintes, F.W.I.: Clear Bottom Kayaking – Explore the pristine turquoise waters of Les Saintes aboard a clear-bottom kayak accompanied by a guide and learn about the history of the island and marine life.
- Roseau, Dominica: Cooking Caribbean Flavors & Lifestyles – Create Caribbean dishes and fruit cocktail blends from local produce while learning about Dominican flavors, traditions and family lifestyles on this Caribbean culinary adventure.
- Roseau, Dominica: Champagne Reef Snorkel Trip – A unique snorkeling experience featuring an eco-system of colorful fish and a stream of bubbles that rise from a submerged volcano from the sea floor.
- Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.: Baths at Virgin Gorda – Discover the Baths – Virgin Gorda's best known natural wonder – a cluster of enormous granite boulders, partially buried in the sand, which form underwater caves, pools and channels.
- Pigeon Island, St. Lucia: Rainforest Canopy Adventure – View island birds and plant life in St. Lucia's rainforest soaring high above the ground on this zipline adventure.
- Pigeon Island, St. Lucia: Helicopter Flightseeing Tour – See spectacular sights of St. Lucia, the stunning Pitons, Castries Harbour, Marigot Bay and Soufriere including a view of the island's volcanic hot springs and tropical rainforest.
- St. George's, Grenada: River Tubing Grenada's Greatest River – A thrilling river tubing experience on the Balthazar River which features exotic views of tropical vegetation and wildlife.
About Windstar Cruises
Windstar Cruises operates three sailing yachts known for their pampering without pretense and their ability to visit the hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world's most treasured destinations. Carrying just 148 to 312 guests, the luxurious ships of Windstar cruise to nearly 50 nations, calling at 100 ports throughout Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas. For more information including rates and itineraries contact a professional travel agent or call Windstar at 1-800-258-7245. Visit Windstar Cruises online at WindstarCruises.com.
SOURCE Windstar Cruises