WASHINGTON, Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Wicked winter weather over New England has dumped snow, brought high winds to the coastline and knocked out power in its path. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is issuing a safety warning about portable generator use. Generators produce poisonous carbon monoxide and should never be used in enclosed spaces, such as inside a house, garage or shed. Carbon monoxide from a generator can kill you in minutes. Generators should be used outside only, far from the home. See this blog for tips on safe generator use and CPSC's infographic.
Please use the phone numbers below for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800
SOURCE U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission