NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Women in Sports and Events (WISE), the leading voice and resource for women in the business of sports, today announced its nominees for the 2017 WISE Women of the Year Award. This coveted award will be presented to three women at the 23rd Annual WISE Women of the Year Awards Luncheon on June 22, 2017 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City.
The following women were nominated by members of WISE for their accomplishments and contributions to the business of sports:
- Doris Burke – Basketball Analyst and Reporter, ESPN – College basketball standout-turned trailblazing commentator
- Kerry Chandler – Chief Human Resources Officer, Under Armour – Game-changer impacting sports through people and culture
- Buffy Filippell – Founder, TeamWork Online – Recruiting force in the industry of sports and live events
- Jill Gregory – Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, NASCAR – Veteran marketing strategist elevating brand conversation
- Maidie Oliveau – Counsel, Arent Fox – International arbitrator and leading sports attorney
- Patti Phillips – Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators (NACWAA) – Champion of girls' and women's development through sport
- Janet Marie Smith – Senior Vice President of Planning and Development, Los Angeles Dodgers – Renowned architect inspiring tradition in ballpark construction
- Amy Trask – NFL Analyst, CBS Sports Network – Barrier-breaker in the front office and in front of the camera
- Ann Wool – Partner, Ketchum and President, KSE – Innovator driving business and strategy on the global stage
The final ballot has been issued to all WISE members for a national vote, which closes at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, December 23, 2016. To view each nominee's bio, click here.
Click here to see a full list of WISE Women of the Year honorees from past years.
WISE (Women in Sports and Events), is the leading voice and resource for professional women in the business of sports. Through ongoing meetings, special events, and mentoring and educational programs, WISE aims to offer its members the opportunity to gain valuable industry insights and connections that can provide them with a competitive advantage in their current position and as they advance in their careers. Founded in 1993, WISE is a national membership organization and registered 501(c)(3) public charity headquartered in New York City, with chapters in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Los Angeles, NYC Metro, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco/Bay Area, South Florida and Washington, D.C. For more information on WISE, please visit WISEworks.org.
United Entertainment Group
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wise-announces-nominees-for-the-2017-wise-women-of-the-year-award-300371443.html
SOURCE Women in Sports and Events (WISE)