PLANO, Texas, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- No bowl is safe with nearly half of Millennial men, ages 18-34, admitting to conducting the biggest party foul in the book: double-dipping. To celebrate National Chip and Dip Day on Saturday, March 23, Tostitos, a leading brand from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division and the brand known for always dialing up good times, conducted a survey with ORC International interviewing more than 1,000 Americans from Feb. 14-17, 2013, about their chip-dipping habits. Survey results revealed that 39 percent of young adults admit to double-dipping, and 67 percent say simply dipping a chip makes them happy.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/with-national-chip-and-dip-day-upon-us-the-results-are-in--men-are-the-biggest-offenders-of-double-dipping-199271041.html
Other key findings from the survey include:
- Battle of the Sexes: Only one-third (32 percent) of young women surveyed said they have double-dipped at a party while nearly half (46 percent) of young men admit that they have snuck a second dip.
- Let's Party On: After witnessing a double-dip, 54 percent of young partygoers will step away from the dip bowl, while 22 percent don't mind joining in on the double-dipping action.
- If You Must, Be Discreet: While young adults may be the first to take their chip back for seconds, one in four Americans has double-dipped at a party. Though some may let it slide, 25 percent of those surveyed will call out fellow partygoers if they go in for a second dip.
- Pop-Up Party: According to Americans in their twenties and thirties, it's not a party without chips and dip. Nearly two-thirds (62 percent) of partygoers consider chips and dip a party staple with 74 percent of consumers keeping chips and salsa stashed in the pantry in case of a spontaneous party.
"The Tostitos brand couldn't think of a better way to celebrate National Chip and Dip Day than to unearth the secret party-snacking habits of our fans," said Tony Matta, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "While we don't condone double-dipping, we encourage our fans to get together and dial up that party."
Perfect for dipping, Tostitos Cantina chips and salsas — the newest additions to the Tostitos portfolio — bring life to the party. With unique tortilla chip textures and perfectly paired flavorful salsas, the Tostitos Cantina line includes two unique tortilla chips and salsa pairings that bring consumers distinct and delicious taste experiences, reminiscent of their favorite Mexican Restaurant:
- Tostitos Cantina Thin & Crispy tortilla chips offer a crispy, light texture. They pair perfectly with the smoky flavor of new Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Restaurant Style salsa.
- Tostitos Cantina Traditional tortilla chips are authentic and hearty yellow corn chips. They deliver an abundant crunch and stand up to hearty dips, like delicious Tostitos Cantina Roasted Garlic Thick & Chunky salsa.
Tostitos Cantina tortilla chips and salsas are available at stores nationwide. The two salsas, Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Restaurant Style salsa and Tostitos Cantina Roasted Garlic Thick & Chunky salsa, are available in 15 ½-oz. jars for a suggested retail price of $3.29 each. Tostitos Cantina Thin & Crispy tortilla chips are offered in 9-oz. packages for a suggested retail price of $3.29 each. Tostitos Cantina Traditional tortilla chips are available in 12-oz. packages for a suggested price of $3.29 each as well as 20-oz. packages for $4.99 each.
The Tostitos brand is one of the many brands that make up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. In addition to Frito-Lay, PepsiCo business units include Pepsi-Cola, Quaker Foods, Gatorade and Tropicana. Learn more about Frito-Lay at the corporate Web site, http://www.fritolay.com/, the Snack Chat blog, http://www.snacks.com/ and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/fritolay.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
Multimedia News Room
SOURCE Frito-Lay North America