Strong demand at Orlando 2017 auction as bidders rose more than 50% over prior year
ORLANDO, FL, Nov. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ - With consignments already coming in from Europe and across the United States, Ritchie Bros.' big February 2018 Orlando auction is building momentum.
Last week the company held its fourth and final Orlando auction of the year, selling more than 2,150 equipment items in a single day and attracting the site's largest crowd ever outside of its record-breaking February auctions. With the final auction complete, the Ritchie Bros. Orlando team has turned its full focus to its massive 2018 event.
"It takes a huge team to pull off an event like Orlando; it's all hands on deck," said Jeff Jeter, President of U.S. Sales, Ritchie Bros. "Our sales team sources consignments from customers around the world, our operations experts inspect and ready the assets for sale, and our marketing team delivers a massive global buyer base, all to ensure our consignors achieve the best results on auction day."
What customers can expect with the February 2018 Orlando auction:
- Massive global buying audience from the combined Ritchie Bros. and IronPlanet buyer base
- Flexible contract options with full-service, turnkey selling
- Comprehensive online equipment information, incl. equipment descriptions, photography and various inspection options
- Multiple ways for bidders to participate incl. onsite and online, via mobile or tablet with the Ritchie Bros. app
- Certainty of sale and payment within 21 days of the auction
- World-class facilities, incl. onsite equipment refurb services and a climate-controlled auction theater
- Large, well-organized yard to make onsite inspection easy and convenient for buyers
- Onsite, dedicated financing support with Ritchie Bros. Financial Services, giving buyers more spending power
Equipment owners interested in consigning equipment to the February 2018 Orlando auction can contact +1.855.331.5757. For more information about the auction, visit rbauction.com/Orlando2018.
About Ritchie Bros.:
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world's largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers