CHAMPAIGN, Ill., Aug. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on three decades of aggressive innovation, Wolfram Research released Version 11 of Mathematica and the Wolfram Language today. Available immediately for both desktop and cloud, the newest version of the leading technical computing system makes considerable advances in 3D printing, machine learning, neural networks and audio processing as part of many other enhancements. The new functionalities are a major step forward and embrace cutting-edge areas of modern technology.
"We're extremely proud of the ever-growing technology stack that Mathematica has become. Over time, we've dramatically expanded its capabilities, taking ever-larger steps and covering ever more kinds of computation and knowledge," said Director of Research and Development Roger Germundsson.
Mathematica was created in 1988 by renowned scientist and company CEO, Stephen Wolfram. With more than 500 new features, Version 11 significantly broadens Mathematica's scope in key new areas and makes coding with the Wolfram Language easier than ever.
Version 11 highlights:
- Highly automated 3D printing enables models and plots to be printed directly through either local or cloud-based 3D printers.
- Extended machine learning functions provide a huge amount of potential for creating intelligent models that can interpret the world around them.
- Neural networks now have a vastly richer space of possible computational structures supporting access to GPU-accelerated deep learning.
- New desktop audio processing functionality creates easy prototyping of applications in music, speech, communication and related fields.
- The notebook interface upgrades make using the Wolfram Language smoother for all users.
The Wolfram Language covers thousands of domains of real-world knowledge—from countries to companies to planets to movies. New data is constantly flowing into the central Wolfram Knowledgebase in the cloud, but it's with the Wolfram Language that the data really comes alive for full computation.
About Wolfram Research
Wolfram has been defining the computational future for three decades. As the creators of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, we are the leader in developing technology and tools that inject sophisticated computation and knowledge into everything. Learn more at wolfram.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wolfram-delivers-breakthrough-capabilities-with-the-release-of-mathematica-and-wolfram-language-version-11-300310515.html