DUBLIN, Jan. 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Apparel Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global apparel market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global apparel market is expected to grow from $527. 08 billion in 2020 to $635. 17 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20. 5%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $842. 73 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 7%.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for apparel? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Apparel market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider apparel market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The apparel market section of the report gives context. It compares the apparel market with other segments of the apparel and leather products market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, apparel indicators comparison.
The apparel market consists of sales of apparel by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that produce apparel. Apparel producers cut and sew (i. e. , purchase fabric and cut and sew to make a garment) and/or produce garments by first knitting fabric and then cutting and sewing the fabric into a garment. The apparel manufacturing industry includes entities manufacturing full lines of ready-to-wear apparel and custom apparel: apparel contractors, performing cutting or sewing operations on materials owned by others; jobbers, performing entrepreneurial functions involved in apparel manufacturing; tailors, manufacturing custom garments for individual clients; and entities that combine knitting with the production of complete garments, but excluding producers of knitting fabric not combined with the produce of complete garments. The apparel market is segmented into womens wear; mens wear and kids wear.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the global apparel market, accounting for 33% of the market in 2020. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for 28% of the global apparel market. Africa was the smallest region in the global apparel market.
Apparel manufacturing companies are investing in computer-controlled embroidery systems to increase efficiency and reduce operating costs. These are sewing-embroidery machines equipped with a computer-controlled system, specifically engineered for efficient embroidery. This industrial and commercial equipment is capable of creating a design automatically on the fabric, from a pre-programmed digital embroidery pattern. There are single needle machines that require manual intervention for thread changing activity, and multi needle sewing-embroidery machines with multiple sewing heads, that require an input sequence for automatic color change. These machines can produce special fabric effects, chain stitch embroidery, sequins, applique, cutwork and many others, automatically with the help of inputs specified in digital format. These machines are capable of performing functions such as editing and loading designs, creating digitized design file, monitoring the entire embroidery process. Major Companies providing computerized embroidery machines for efficient apparel manufacturing are Richpeace, ZojeDayu, Happy, Unix, and Damei.
The outbreak of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has acted as a massive restraint on the apparel manufacturing market in 2020 as supply chains were disrupted due to trade restrictions and consumption declined due to lockdowns imposed by governments globally. COVID 19 is an infectious disease with flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing. The virus was first identified in 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei province of the People's Republic of China and spread globally including Western Europe, North America and Asia. Steps by national governments to contain the transmission have resulted in halting of manufacturing activities and a decline in economic activity with countries entering a state of 'lock down' and the outbreak is expected to continue to have a negative impact on businesses throughout 2020 and into 2021. However, it is expected that the apparel manufacturing market will recover from the shock across the forecast period as it is a 'black swan' event and not related to ongoing or fundamental weaknesses in the market or the global economy.
Increasing demand for online shopping is expected to help the apparel manufacturing market grow. Manufacturers can now sell their products on a larger platform than before, which will increase their customer base geographically driving the growth of the apparel manufacturing market. in countries such as India, for instance, e-commerce portals have boosted the sales of traditional garments by giving larger exposure to producers who were confined to one geography where the weaving community was located.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Apparel Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Apparel Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/ Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Apparel Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Apparel Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Apparel Market Trends and Strategies
8. Impact of COVID-19 on Apparel
9. Apparel Market Size and Growth
9.1. Market Size
9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.2.1. Drivers of the Market
9.2.2. Restraints on the Market
9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.3.1. Drivers of the Market
9.3.2. Restraints on the Market
10. Apparel Market Regional Analysis
10.1. Global Apparel Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion)
10.2. Global Apparel Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region
10.3. Global Apparel Market, Growth and Market Share Comparison, by Region
11. Apparel Market Segmentation
11.1. Global Apparel Market, Segmentation by Type, Historic and Forecast
11.2. Global Apparel Market, Segmentation by Distribution Channel
11.3. Global Apparel Market, Segmentation by Type of Fiber
12. Apparel Market Segments
12.1. Global Womens Wear Market, Segmentation by Type
12.2. Global Mens Wear Market, Segmentation by Type
12.3. Global Kids Wear Market, Segmentation by Type
13. Apparel Market Metrics
13.1. Apparel Market Size, Percentage of GDP, 2015-2025, Global
13.2. Per Capita Average Apparel Market Expenditure, 2015-2025, Global
14. Asia-Pacific Apparel Market
15. Western Europe Apparel Market
16. Eastern Europe Apparel Market
17. North America Apparel Market
18. South America Apparel Market
19. Middle East Apparel Market
20. Africa Apparel Market
21. Apparel Market Competitive Landscape
21.1. Competitive Market Overview
21.2. Market Shares
21.3. Company Profiles
21.3.1. NIKE Inc
22.214.171.124. Company Overview
126.96.36.199. Products and Services
188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
21.3.2. Adidas AG
184.108.40.206. Company Overview
220.127.116.11. Products and Services
18.104.22.168. Financial Performance
21.3.3. VF Corporation
22.214.171.124. Company Overview
126.96.36.199. Products and Services
188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
21.3.4. PVH Corp
184.108.40.206. Company Overview
220.127.116.11. Products and Services
18.104.22.168. Financial Performance
21.3.5. Hanesbrands Inc.
22.214.171.124. Company Overview
126.96.36.199. Products and Services
188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
22. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the Apparel Market
23. Market Background: Apparel and Leather Products Market
26. Copyright and Disclaimer
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/r90dxx
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets